Playing with a friend

mobile83

1 hour ago, mobile83 said:

Hello,

if my friend buys the serpent head 2 campaign, could I modify the mission to add a plane as a client and play in multiplayer with a friend?

Hi, sorry I think you will find all campaigns issued by ED are locked so you cannot edit.

You could try it with my free Serpents Head Campaign as the missions are open for you to adjust as necessary. 
Making coop missions out of missions scripted  for a small single player is not a simple operation as all triggers etc will be set up for the one player. You can just add your friends aircraft but the campaign would not recognise that aircraft as none of the triggers etc are looking for the new aircraft. 
Still there would be no reason why he could not fly along with you.

Make sure you convert both to clients and do not change anything else on the original players aircraft.

Hope this helps

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

9 hours ago, mobile83 said:

Hello,
on paid campaigns I cannot add an aircraft as a client, the person cannot select the aircraft once connected to the server

Hi, that’s true as I said in my first sentence of my reply above. You will only be able to do it with my free campaign which you can download from the user files. After editing you would then have to play the missions one by one not as a campaign.
‘The Serpent’s Head’ is the free campaign the paid for campaign is ‘The Serpent’s Head 2’ which is locked by DCS.

Edited by Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.