[REQ. .TRK OR .MIS]Please get rid of the wheel chocks

chief

It still creates problems. Two harriers side by side on a farp pad on our server. The one removes the wheel chocks the other one cant. Just please do us a favor and eliminate them. They are useless anyway. Thats what our park brake is for 😉

I've been on servers where wheel chocks have been issues as well. It wouldn't surprise me if it's one of those very difficult bugs to nut out and there's specific circumstances that create it.

At the very least it would be nice to have the option for a mission to be configured "Exclude wheel chocks" as a parameter that we can turn on in the .miz file or server settings, etc if that's a quicker and easier way to deal with the problem if the bug is that elusive. 

I agree that chocks should be removed as they are so buggy, until they can be properly programmed.

It has been years and we still have so simple things as wheel chucks causing severe problems....

It shouldn't be difficult really. Chocks are status modes.

If chocks are On, then wheels doesn't turn or move as they are locked to terrain and add a 3D model around wheels.

If chocks are Off, then wheels are free and remove 3D model.

I haven't seen DCS model anywhere proper tire physics where you could roll over the chocks with ie. full afterburner. And tires would interact with them in slow forces pushing in them. 

And this would mean in Harrier that you would get over them with vertical take-off as they would be just obstacle without actually locking tires on surface.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• myHelljumper changed the title to [REQ. .TRK OR .MIS]Please get rid of the wheel chocks

Example - choose side red

Group name (Kutaisi-Vazianti_MOB @ AV-8B)
Group name (Kutaisi-Vazianti_MOB @ AV-8B #001) (--this one will work and rearm--)

Sorry about the large template

This would sometimes happen, before we used to start up and move a bit to rearm.
Now you cannot move the 2nd jet etc.
Cheers

DDCS-Modern-test.miz

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

• 5 months later...