Debunking RVE MOD myths.

Debunking RVE MOD myths.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Debunking RVE MOD myths.

• No, I feel threatened for my flying stile.
    • Yes, in the absence of a 1.13 patch screw balancing, gimme some more realism

Would be a good theme for the myth busters show.

Some people have gone hysterical over at HL saying they will not fly at any servers with this MOD one because it increases the F-15 abilities.

Someone should tell them it affects all planes equaly and there is no impact on missile speed and range because its hardcoded.

I think they are more upset for another reason. Maddoging makes them pay a price for it. I havent maddoged for months and Im good to go. Seconds?

Edited by Pilotasso
  • Like 1

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Instead of a rocket mottor AMRAAM now are filled with a pack of cocaine mentos for extra range :D

My PC specs below:

not really, i never changed anything about amraam range.

It still has almost the same speed profile as the real Aim-9L :P

And R-77 got a bigger overall power boost in this mod than Amraam

The difference is that you can't just ignore enemy radar missiles, regardless of type,

just flying straight forward "through them" hoping for them to miss. Well...you can

but your

Edited by =RvE=Yoda

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

lol whos the poor soul who voted option 1?! :D

• Like 1

My PC specs below:

I'm not quite sure I screwed balance here in favor for realism.

However, in the future, if you'd like me to have a look at making more hardcore version of LRM where MRMs go mach 4-5 instead

of flying the same speeds and ranges as the real life test data of old versions of

Aim-9...there may be some possible solutions ;). I've been thinking of a few funny methods.

Edited by =RvE=Yoda
  • Like 1

S = SPARSE(m,n) abbreviates SPARSE([],[],[],m,n,0). This generates the ultimate sparse matrix, an m-by-n all zero matrix. - Matlab help on 'sparse'

well I was curious to know why some people are bitching over HL about things they dont even know and why the servers that adopted it have been mostly empty these days. Some times I get the feeling these polls dont reflect the entire oniverse of online players because everybody here wants more realist then on HL they say they would rather keep the game as is. I confess I made this with alot of sarcasm in the middle :D

My PC specs below:

I understand that people are suspicious but we are yet to see negative feedback from people who actualy tried it.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I understand that people are suspicious but we are yet to see negative feedback from people who actualy tried it.

This is a very important point imo. :)

I can understand some not wanting to adjust to various changes made on a server side mod to different aircraft. Afterall we have had several years to become comfortable with the status quo of aircraft and missile performances. To some, this mod severely effects their style of play, while others will need to make minor adjustments. It is just a matter of giving it a try with an open mind.

How many servers are running with this mod at the moment? I was under the impression it was just the RVE server.

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

As said before... thanks to anyone who makes mods. People who take the time to add flavor to a project should be given their due praise.

But this mod is one that could hurt the game play. People may break into camps.

This could hurt the community.

This mod changes things making the game different then the developers intended.

This work is based on guess work of classified information which makes it kinda useless to some.

But like most things related to combat games where people claim they make mods

for the sake of realism... its not the realism that gets affected its a personal sense that something that was not broken has now been fixed... \

Keep up the good work . But this mod is better left as an option for people that agree that's something is not working right.

Edited by Boneski

My mission is to fly, fight, and win. o-:|:-o What I do is sometimes get a tin of soup, heat it up, poach an egg in it, serve that with a pork pie sausage roll.

Thanks for dissing long hours of checking with source material from USAF and Russian Airforce, talk with pilots who flew at least some of those machines, and the effort it took to actually create this mod.

You're just like everyone else who comes in with their 'you're just speculating' theory. No, we are not. The goal was to enforce more realistic BVR combat as hinted at or directly described by those source materials and said pilots, and it worked.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

How many servers are running with this mod at the moment? I was under the impression it was just the RVE server.

The 104th runs it too.

But this mod is one could hurts the game play.

May I ask on what you base this statement because as I posted above, there hasn't been any negative feedback from people who have tried it. On the opposite- everyone agrees it totaly improves gameplay.

• Like 1

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

But this mod is one could hurts the game play.

This could hurt the community.

..it will hurt ....but not the gameplay or the community

:megalol::chair:

I guess some are missing the point with "what data and for what reason you used them"?

Point is eliminating and reducing existing possibilities to exploit the game

(too much used from few cuz of lack of skills, and even not intentionally made....it screws up the gameplay)

All we try is to make that whole fight in its kind more consistent!

Edited by A.S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]