The radios, it’s me, but I could use a hand

Hobo 1-1

For reasons that escape me, tankers, airfields and the carrier won’t respond to me through the communication menu in multiplayer (Hoggit PGAW/SAW/GAW) while flying the Tomcat. I don’t have this problem in other aircraft, so clearly the issue is with me and something I’m doing/not doing and specific to the Tomcat. 

I had a similar issue, I was using the # key to bring up radio which appears like it should function. Really you should use alt+# or ctrl+# to bring up the pilot and RIO radio menus specifically. If you are tuned into the right frequency it should work.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

1. So you're sure that unit radios work properly for other aircraft and know their frequencies and modulation.

2. Power has to be on, radios has to be on (and not damaged), volume up, set mode (MAIN or BOTH | TR or TR&G), set frequency (MANUAL | MAN) or select channel (PRESET, check kneeboad list), select modulation (AM/FM - RIO radio only)

3. Now most important - use proper PTT mic button, depending on which radio you use to transmit.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

No - we knew the diff between alt and not alt for the 2 radios.

SRS would work but we had the damndest time with the tankers specifically.

If anyone wants to do a test flight and Ill Rio to get a track and see if the problems still there lmk

PS yes yes and yes Draconus. I had discussed this last summer and fall never got an answer.   We knew all that stuff (that's all radio basics). It just would not work.  We even ditched me in the seat and manually tried using Jester to do it; manually entered and not; all that jazz. I haven't flown Rio in months but this post and nothing in changelings makes me suspect the issue is still there.    I'd really like to know what if anything we were doing wrong.  This wasn't a one flight thing either 

Edited by sublime