C101 Aircraft Systems Failure Selection(s)

zhousaifu

This is probably a DCS limitation, the Failures are only meant to be used on Single Player, not MP.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hiya @Rudel_chw Hola. 😀

It would make the most sense to have this implemented in a two crew (student in front (or back if performing instrument training), i.e, multi-player client training environment.

We do training with normal and abnormal (emergency procedures) by use of associated checklists,  so having the ability to put the student into a scenario where system failures occur, the student will need to use aviation decision making and appropriate checklists to handle the system failure(s) / problem(s) on the ground and inflight. 

This will bring the C101EB's excellence as an initial jet trainer to the larger market as an invaluable training
type to DCS and simulation training. 🤟

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zhousaifu said:

We do training with normal and abnormal (emergency procedures) by use of associated checklists,  so having the ability to put the student into a scenario where system failures occur, the student will need to use aviation decision making and appropriate checklists to handle the system failure(s) / problem(s) on the ground and inflight. 

Or you could do this like in real life, by pulling out circuit breakers to deactivate diverse systems.

• Like 2

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

You can set the aircraft as player in the ME instead of client and still open it in multiplayer, and enter both front and rear cockpits in multicrew. The failures will appear on both cockpits but not synchronized, so timimng will be different on both seats. We will investigate if failures synchronization is possible and how should be implemented.

• Like 2

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

47 minutes ago, Vibora said:

Take into account that you can also set failures using triggers. The problem is that they are not set at a certain time, but within a time.

That's also only available to player controlled aircraft.  Not clients.

1 hour ago, Vibora said:

Take into account that you can also set failures using triggers. The problem is that they are not set at a certain time, but within a time.

But it's nice to know you can set failures also with triggers.  That means I can have something fail right at mission start (well, within 1 minute) which gives me a reason to do the start-up checklist.  But also I can have something fail mid flight in the same mission.  This is something I've wanted to set up for a while.

On a related note, is there a way to randomly set switch positions in the mission editor.  Like fuses and stuff?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

On a related note, is there a way to randomly set switch positions in the mission editor.  Like fuses and stuff?

Yes, you can use the X:COCKPIT PERFORM CLICKABLE ACTION to adjust the switches, use along a randomizing condition ...  and the nice thing is that it works on Client aircraft in addition to Player. I use this trigger action to initialize cockpits on my missions, looks like this:

VEuesal.jpg

Unfortunately, the Devices and Commands have to be researched from the devices.lua and clickable_defs.lua files of the aircraft, as they are not well documented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1