DCS wont load after Update

Backdraft

Hi all,

First time having any real issues with DCS. I have no Mods installed or OVGME stuff. I used the DCS updater to update to newest Version. It updated.

Now when i click on Icon to start the game, it loads i verify my login and password. Hit login it starts to load the DCS screen comes up and then after about 20seconds just goes away.   I tried running as administrator. from Icon and the Eagle Dynamics folder. tried a second repair and states nothing is wrong tried updater says everything is up to date. Changed to a new password. restarted computer multiple times. turned off let stay off for like 10 mins Updated my Nvidia driver and windows. restarted. And same thing It goes to load then just stops. No error message No crash log. just nothing. DCS is on its own 1TB SSD NVME M2. Please if anyone has any Guidance would be awsome.  I check the trouble shooting FAQ and none of that did anything either. Thanks in advance.

Attach your dcs.log, in order to look for clues.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

3 minutes ago, Backdraft said:

@Rudel_chwWhat is that? There wasnt any log or anything like that it just stops with nothing on screen

DCS generates a log file while you are running it, look into /Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Logs ... the most useful file in there is dcs.log

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

48 minutes ago, Flyer0001 said:

I am having the same problem.  

dcs.log 9.43 kB · 1 download

Remove the FrenchPack Mod .. it is not compatible with the latest DCS, the Mod's author will deliver an updated version soon. Check that Mod's thread.

1 hour ago, Backdraft said:

this is only thing there and a bunch of zipped stuff from march

dcs.log 56.31 kB · 3 downloads

Hello,

I didn't find anything wrong on your log .. just as a test, can you disable the User Mods that you have at Saved Games, like the A-4E, DATIS, DiCE ? and retry DCS without them?

@BackdraftRename this file: "C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\options.lua" into "options.lua_backup" and see if you can reach DCS main menu.

(the error blocking DCS is "DXGUI_WIN_ADAPTER: ChangeDisplaySettings failed! Result is -1")

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

34 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

Remove the FrenchPack Mod .. it is not compatible with the latest DCS, the Mod's author will deliver an updated version soon. Check that Mod's thread.

Works great!   Thank you.  And thank you for responding so fast.  I think I have 3 of these type of Mods and one of them turns out to be a problem.  I was willing to put in the time to become proficient at aerial refueling but to become proficient at programming again after all these years...  But fortunately we have people like you who are accessible on the Forum.

• Like 1