Aircraft systems set up correctly on Airborne Spawn -Training/Instant Action

Notso

One of the things that bugs me to no end is jumping into an instant action or a training mission that has an airborne spawn as it's starting point, but all the relevant systems are not set up for that particular fight.  For instance, in some of the training missions where you do A/A with a bandit(s), the Master arm is not always on, the Countermeasures programs are not set up, A/A mode is not selected, etc etc.  So as you're merging with the bandit, you are heads down as soon as you spawn trying to get the switches set correctly before you have to turn with them.  And often times you're soaking up a missile shot because your Chaff & flare are off.  Lots of similar stuff for A/G too where you are flung into the aircraft on the target run in, but the laser is not armed, the pod is in standby, the Bomb fuzes and programs are not set and there is no way to get them all set correctly when you're often less than 45 sec out.

So Please ED - can you set up the aircraft at spawn with the switches already preset for the expected action?  I don't have any issue doing it all myself - but not in the 15 sec before I merge with the Fulcrum on my nose lobbing heaters at me while I'm fumbling with the chaff/flare programs.  

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

I'm not 100% certain how it works, but can't you use active pause (or regular pause) to interact with systems while everything is frozen?

-edit

I think active pause only pauses you, not the world. You COULD slow the game world down, though, time deceleration. It would all technically still be moving but you could take your time setting up your plane that way for sure!

Edited by Mars Exulte

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Yeah it’s maybe a challenge. But it teaches you how to set up stuff really fast. With practice you can FENCE IN in a few seconds. 

• Like 1

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Funnily enough, the functionality is there already — it just doesn't… well… function for most aircraft. 😄

This (among other things) is essentially what the “prepare mission” feature is supposed to do, but that was implemented mainly for the A-10 and some bits of the Ka-50. No other module since has made use of it (and much of what it's used for in those two modules should really be handled differently). It was, for instance, meant to let you set up the radio presets in the Hog, but before long, all modules moved those settings to be available directly in the mission editor so there was no longer any need for the “prepare” function. Except for in the A-10… except it doesn't really work all that well there… and except that those other aircraft could benefit from it more than the A-10 does… and except that it should probably be more handled via a much more comprehensive DTC/preset interface… and except that ED has said that they do not intend to create one of those.

So yeah.

+1, but good luck.

• Like 1

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

1 hour ago, Notso said:

One of the things that bugs me to no end is jumping into an instant action or a training mission that has an airborne spawn as it's starting point, but all the relevant systems are not set up for that particular fight.    

I use the techniques described on this thread, to setup aircraft at mission start the way I need:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

I use the techniques described on this thread, to setup aircraft at mission start the way I need:

Writing a script for this is making the cure worse than the disease 😆

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Yes, the instant action missions are rather too 'instant' in most cases.  It takes away a big tactical element of pre-merge positioning, plus as you say the proper aircraft configuration.

• Like 1

Laptop Pilot. Alienware X17, i9 11980HK 5.0GHz, 16GB RTX 3080, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, NVMe SSD. 2x TM Warthog, Hornet grip, Virpil CM2 & TPR pedals, FSSB-R3, Cougar throttle, Viper pit WIP (XBox360 when traveling). Rift S.

NTTR, SoH, Syria, Sinai, Channel, South Atlantic, CA, Supercarrier, FC3, A-10CII, F-5, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Harrier, M2000, F1, Viggen, MiG-21, Yak-52, L-39, MB-339, CE2, Gazelle, Ka-50, Mi-8, Mi-24, Huey, Apache, Spitfire, Mossie.  Wishlist: Tornado, Jaguar, Buccaneer, F-117 and F-111.