Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion

DOWNLOAD HERE

Maintenance and distribution of this project has transferred to Silverbullet :and his Discord channel:

https://discord.gg/KxyqVrPbzT

This project (Sikorsky Ch53) was undertaken by FreddyStoned.

The EFM Flight Model was used from CptSmiley (F22Demo) and Nibbylots (AH6) models and crudely converted to the CH53 by FreddyStoned.

The original FlightGear Ch53 model was used (with kind permission) from the authors:
Pierre Duval, Josh Babcock, RedTwo, StuartC (FGUK), Voodoo da Vinci, and Richard Harrison.

Other contributers
Hawkeye60 (cajoling), Ogre (Heli testPilot), MAV MAC (EFM advice), Gonzalodesanta (FM advice), DenisAlbu (soldier model), Silverbullet_238 (teaboy).

Sikorsky CH-53E Super Stallion

I am pleased to finally upload this CH53 flyable (with clickable cockpit).

Partially clickable, many clickable items in Cockpit.... discover..... some switches (lights) are not clickable, you have to use Keyboard shortcuts, look in the controls.

Although not strictly accurate, (to please the masses) this mod has weaponry.......... please dont hate for this, if you dont like it, dont use it.

Door Gunners are animated, but not controlable....yet

Cargo is really only here for eyecandy, cannot drop it ....yet

Winch.... works up and down (with cargo)... cannot pick up or drop off..... yet.

Tail opens for maintenance

Ramp lowers

etc

etc

KNOWN ISSUES

The EFM is good but not perfect......

There are problems with AI...... cannot jump in and out of AI heli without the AI crashing into the ground...???

AI landing gear doesnt work..... but they can still land and takeoff..

Autorotation.... not fully implemented....yet

Here is start up procedure for CH53
The EFM is based on the AH6 and therefore start up procedure..... is the same as the AH6.... so I cant really brag about it...!
1. Power Selector Switch for battery (B).
2. Hold Starter Switch (Home) until RPM is above 13%.
3. Push Thottle Idle cutoff (End) to allow fuel flow to start and continue holding Starter Switch (Home) until RPM reaches 58+%.
4. Turn on Generator and Inverter Switches or the battery will discharge. (clickables on overhead panel)
5. Increase RPM to 100% by turning throttle (Page Up) or down (PageDown).
6. Do not keep RPM above 105% for prolonged periods, this will cause engine overheating.
N: Toggle Night Vision Goggles
LALT+L: Flashlight
1: Pilot Seat
2: Copilot Seat
3: Gunner L
4 Gunner R
To fire guns, select Master Switch. And turn knob to select weapon.
Gunner will fire where the pilot is looking (within his arc of fire).
Winch works, but impossible to use while flying (you can try and see) Front Panel (copilot) clickable, turn power on first.
Tail and ramp raise and lower (though don’t do this in flight…… ) Middle panel clickables
In the CH53..... things still need changing and altering, but I really want to get back to the WW1 mod (cap did a vid a few weeks back) and repair that for DCS 2.7 and improve the textures and flight models for all the flyables …. This takes time, and I have started working again after the COVID restrictions in Uk have eased, so short of time now……

ch53 1.jpg

ch53 2.jpg

ch53 3.jpg

ch53 4.jpg

ch53 5.jpg

ch53 7.jpg

Edited by Dweeeeb
update
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 5

Wow, that's really great, thanks! It would be great if the tail section and the main rotor would fold if you  placed that beauty on the deck of a carrier. I saw in the mmodel view that there are a lot of  animations that are modelled - like the folding tail, even a winch rope, door gunners and even soldiers sitting inside.

• Like 1

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

minor thing i thing the font needs to be Longbeach USN for the existing skins 

• Like 1

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

This is a dream helicopter. I hope you will continue to develop further. More res cockpit and 3d model would be more than great

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

6 hours ago, Mitch said:

Great Job, hope  to see more Features. Please splitt the Texture in more single Pieces to make a High-Res Template.

Hey we have a 4k template join the discord server its there... 

On 5/22/2021 at 12:51 PM, Tomcatter87 said:

Wow, that's really great, thanks! It would be great if the tail section and the main rotor would fold if you  placed that beauty on the deck of a carrier. I saw in the mmodel view that there are a lot of  animations that are modelled - like the folding tail, even a winch rope, door gunners and even soldiers sitting inside.

It should work?!??

On 5/22/2021 at 9:31 AM, L-1011 said:

maybe IDF livery?

Inviato dal mio SM-A405FN utilizzando Tapatalk

We have a IDF livery i will add it in the next release! 

16 hours ago, Silverbullet_238 said:

It should work?!??

Not really, that's how the helo looks on my deck - placed as static object and linked to the Tarawa: 

Screen_210524_151204.png

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

This looks amazing, I can't wait to try this tonight! I love this chopper! 

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

Does it require any pre existing chopper or will it function as a stand alone? Have been thinking of trying choppers

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.