full screen and use of 2nd monitor

dear all,

im in need of advice on following :

1) when i use 1 screen 1920*1080  , i can Lalt + Enter and then i go into Full screen mode and can hold my ideal 60fps all the time

(Full Screen option in the menu selected)

2) when i use 2 screen 3840*1080 , mfd cougar on 2screen .......if i put in Lalt + Enter .....i get my global cockpit view and the 2 mfd on 1 screen , which is logical but , in this mode i can keep also 60fps on the cockpit view , if i then do Lalt + Enter again , i get the cockpit on the 1st screen but cant keep up the perfect 60fps , the fps fluctuates to 55 and 60, causing stutter

so my question .....is there a poss to get constant 60fps when using these 2 screens ? (the 2nd small 16inch monitor is an usb one also 1920*1080)

i have tried by using the option Full Screen in the options menu but that doesnot help ....

any info would be great - have a nice dcs flight - brgds maks

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

Edited by maks

Hi maks

While I can’t give you definite a solution, at least I can give you some hope.

I sat in the exact same boat like you when I attached my 3x 1024x768 MFD screens to my 4k system.

At first there was the realization that full-screen mode will not work any longer and that performance was terrible. Through testing some different settings, I am now at a stage where I have better performance than ever before, even with my three additional screens. Also FPS difference between full-screen mode and full-screen borderless is marginal.

The main thing for me was changing the vsync option from in-game to the NIVIA control panel one.

But generally speaking, you have to tune your system and find the settings that work best for you. Unfortunately, every system is a bit different and while some settings work for one guy, the do not work for another.

Here are my general recommendations that work for me:

DCS Settings:

• Vsync: uncheck

• Terrain Object Shadows: Flat

• MSAA: Off

• SSAA: Off

• SSLR: Off

• SSAO: Off

PC settings:

• Processor power management --> Minimum processor state: 100%

• Graphics settings --> Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling: On

• Game Mode: Off

• Game Bar: Off

• Enable MSI interrupt mode for grafics card

NVIDIA settings:

• Monitor Technology: G-SYNC Compatible (use this if your monitor is FreeSync or G-Sync compatible)

• If G-SYNC Compatible then --> Set up G-SYNC!

• Power management mode: Prefer maximum performance

• Texture filtering – Negative LOD bias: Clamp

• Texture filtering – Quality: Hight performance

• Vertiacl sync: On

• Antialiasing – FXAA: On (I use this option instead of any in-game AA, it is very efficient)

You have to fiddle around with all these settings and maybe others to find what works for you.

Cheers,

SnapRoll

PC Specs: Win10, 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5CL30@6000Mhz, ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X, 2x Samsung 990 Pro 2TB, LG OLED42C2, Pico 4
Flight Sim Gear: VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip with WarBRD Base and 6cm extension, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC SharKa-50 Collective Grip with Rotor TCS Plus Base, BRD-F1 Rudders(Su-35), 3x8"LCD 1024x768 with TM-MFDs, DIY dashboard with 60 buttons and 8 axis MMJOY2, POV-HAT(no TrackIR)
Aircraft: F/A-18C, F-16C, F-14, F-5E, Mig-21bis, Mig-15bis, AH-64D, Mi-24P, Mi-8MTV2, Black Shark 2 & 3, Uh-1H, FC3, SpitfireLFMkIX, P-51D, I-16, Mosquito FB VI, Bf109K-4
Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, Channel, Sinai

Tech: WWII Assets Pack, Supercarrier

• 2 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 12:48 PM, maks said:

dear all,

im in need of advice on following :

1) when i use 1 screen 1920*1080  , i can Lalt + Enter and then i go into Full screen mode and can hold my ideal 60fps all the time

(Full Screen option in the menu selected)

2) when i use 2 screen 3840*1080 , mfd cougar on 2screen .......if i put in Lalt + Enter .....i get my global cockpit view and the 2 mfd on 1 screen , which is logical but , in this mode i can keep also 60fps on the cockpit view , if i then do Lalt + Enter again , i get the cockpit on the 1st screen but cant keep up the perfect 60fps , the fps fluctuates to 55 and 60, causing stutter

so my question .....is there a poss to get constant 60fps when using these 2 screens ? (the 2nd small 16inch monitor is an usb one also 1920*1080)

i have tried by using the option Full Screen in the options menu but that doesnot help ....

any info would be great - have a nice dcs flight - brgds maks

IMG_0214.JPG

IMG_0213.JPG

How did you achieve the MFDs on the second monitor. Can you share your monitor setup lua file. Thanks.

Rig - I7-9700K/GIGABYTE Z390D/RTX-2080 SUPER/32-GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE RAM/1-TB SSD

Mods - A10C / F18C / AV8B / Mig21 / Su33 / SC / F14B