EGIW Fix

I might have an unpopular take on this, but hopefully, this video I made helps. I suspect the LSO is gauging whether you EGTL based on the VS (it probably involves the throttles as well, I'm unsure). In both of these landings, I pull back on throttles about the same amount (excuse the stutter), but one passes the EGTL test, and the other does not. The only difference I can spot is the VS accelerates when I earn my EGTL. 

On 4/26/2022 at 5:53 AM, SNAFU said:

Another example for the EGIW and 3PTSIW LSO grading I would like to understand, this time by Wags himself: 

That definitely was 3PTSIW. Even though he had a few degrees of pitch, the nose gear should sit a little lower since it's not on the ground (unless it's broken, but I don't think DCS simulates that). I'm unsure if he did EGIW, but it does sound like he cut the throttles hard just before landing (check the temperature gauge in the IFEI; it falls a good bit as well). He also spools up exceptionally late. 

Edit: To clarify, I'm speculating on what's going on. When I get my EGTL, you can hear my engines spool down a bit. In the OK part, I don't loiter near idle as much. 

Edited by YhandisH