Monster Tech Horizontal Beam on WarBRD / CM3 / NXT

Sandy

Hello there,

I'm about to buy the MonsterTech Table Mounts in their long version.

I want to use it with the Constellation Alpha on WarBRD Base, CM3 and Gladiator NXT. I won't be using any extensions.

The long mounts ship with longer horizontal beams.

I wonder if, on this hoizontal beam, the WarBRD, CM3 and NXT can be pushed all the way back or if I should order the 7cm short profiles as well that Monstertech offers here.

On the MongoosT Base, this seems impossible. Maybe anyone can clarifiy on this. Here's a video from Jabbers of what I am talking about:

The NXT can, since its mounting plate sits on top of the horizontal profile and the mounting holes are far enough out for the screw heads to clear the profile (I did this with a Gladiator II). CM3 uses the same adaptor plate as the MongoosT so I suspect it'll have the same problem.

I'd suggest getting a couple of short profiles anyway, or buy an 80x40mm extrusion off Amazon and cut pieces to length as you require.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:34 PM, jym said:

The NXT can, since its mounting plate sits on top of the horizontal profile and the mounting holes are far enough out for the screw heads to clear the profile (I did this with a Gladiator II). CM3 uses the same adaptor plate as the MongoosT so I suspect it'll have the same problem.

I'd suggest getting a couple of short profiles anyway, or buy an 80x40mm extrusion off Amazon and cut pieces to length as you require.

Thank you for your reply. I realized MonsterTech is running a Discord Server where they answer questions directly. They answered my question immediately which is awesome, did not expect that at all. WarBRD and CM3 Throttle should work just as fine as the NXT, just as I intended.

Edited by Sandy

• 3 months later...
On 5/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, Sandy said:

Thank you for your reply. I realized MonsterTech is running a Discord Server where they answer questions directly. They answered my question immediately which is awesome, did not expect that at all. WarBRD and CM3 Throttle should work just as fine as the NXT, just as I intended.

Hey! Quick question.  Is there a huge difference/benefit between the nxt and a base like the warbird accuracy wise?

I have the nxt and the cm2 throttle. I love both. Coming from an X52, the difference in accuracy and control was night and day but i have never used anything with a base so I can’t help but wonder if there’s a huge difference. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/14/2021 at 6:30 AM, Skwirl865 said:

Hey! Quick question.  Is there a huge difference/benefit between the nxt and a base like the warbird accuracy wise?

I have the nxt and the cm2 throttle. I love both. Coming from an X52, the difference in accuracy and control was night and day but i have never used anything with a base so I can’t help but wonder if there’s a huge difference. 

I had to cancel my Virpil order and now run 2x NXT, so I can't help you here. Sorry.

• Like 1