Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

2 minutes ago, O_Edge said:

Hey Comrade... thanks for this great tool.... unfortunately I can't find any "theWay.exe" file to execute.

kind regards...

Hello, thanks for the appreciation... Kindly check the Releases section in github, download the release zip file named TheWay.zip, extract it to a convenient place, and you will find the .exe and the .lua files you need there image.png 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sky Hawk said:

Thank you,sir but I have a problem cannot click on begin transfer to DCS .

Have you actually selected points on the map prior? The transfer button is greyed out until you have something to actually transfer. Please refer to the instructions on how to use in the github for more details...

3 minutes ago, Sky Hawk said:

selected points on the map.

Untitled.png

Ah I see, you pressed select points on the map, but nothing happened. Have you copied the .lua file in the right directory? Also appended the needed code in the Export.lua file, as per install instructions here? https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/tree/HornetSupport#how-to-install  You have to install the software properly for it to work. If the waypoints aren't being selected it's most likely because you haven't placed the lua files properly 

Edited by Comrade Doge

hello Comrade Doge
i thought your dcstheway looked good so i downloaded it
then install following your instructions.
but as in the savedgame folder the scripts folder does not exist I created it (by copying the scripts folder from the dcs, in dcs savedgame folder then I modified export lua in addition to having put the way lua in scripts too) I opened dcs the way and start the game then select the points on the map then return to view f1
and not the possibility to transfer points in dcs;
thank you for helping me and at the same time it will surely help other pilot thank you in advance😪

forgive my english because google translation does everything☺️

16 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

hello Comrade Doge
i thought your dcstheway looked good so i downloaded it
then install following your instructions.
but as in the savedgame folder the scripts folder does not exist I created it (by copying the scripts folder from the dcs, in dcs savedgame folder then I modified export lua in addition to having put the way lua in scripts too) I opened dcs the way and start the game then select the points on the map then return to view f1
and not the possibility to transfer points in dcs;
thank you for helping me and at the same time it will surely help other pilot thank you in advance😪

forgive my english because google translation does everything☺️

Hello. first of all, do not copy the Scripts folder from your DCS install, if it doesn't exist inside Saved Games. Simply create the Scripts folder yourself, make sure it's inside Saved Games/DCS/Scripts or Saved Games/DCS.openbeta/Scripts if you are on the openbeta version of the game. There, paste the TheWay.lua file, and create your own Export.lua file which includes only that line you were instructed to attach at the end of it. Again, don't copy or edit the Scripts folder from your DCS install, as you did, kindly revert what you did and do as I instructed. This way it should work properly. Let me know if you still have difficulties 

Edited by Comrade Doge