Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

Just now, TheBigTatanka said:

Comrade,

How is development going? Your software will be in great demand now that the viper has JDAM capability.   Very much looking forward to being able to hand my buddies a list of coordinates to paste into your program and populate their F-16s with.

All the luck!

Hello, I will be somewhat busy this following time, afterwards I will resume adding new things, particularly being able to copy and paste positions. 

• Like 5

Hi Comrade Dogde, very interesting idea. However  somehow it is not working for me with a multimonitor setup. The dot appears on the wrong monitor. I have a 7680x1080 setup with helios on my most right display. There the dot appears, but the f10 map open in the middle screen. I can see your lua call for a camPos. is it possible to edit this position?

Cheers 

LGB

Hello everyone, to address some inquiries here, I will be maintaining the application in the future, just this time period has been extra busy for me... Elevation is planned to be added, Nevada indeed has issues with the coordinate system, hopefully I can fix that as well... As for multimonitor setup, it's curious since I use multiple monitors as well, will have to see the issue more in detail, preferably images... VR support is unfortunately not planned as I do not own any VR gear currently. Thank you to all for the support, hoping to find time to work on it soon! 

• Like 4

This app is so awesome.  I play with TTi and it has by default 31 stpt already.  Using this app it is smart enough to know to start adding at stpt 32 as the next one.

Thank you very much!  Saves me so much time going back and forth between f1 and the DED to enter it 🙂

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all, it's been a while, mainly because I've stopped flying the modules I made the program for... I've heard many of you ask for VR support. The problem is I don't own any VR hardware, and therefore you cannot see the GUI of it... However there is a chance it can work if you can somehow click on the GUI and approximate where the center of the map would be. Cheers!

1 hour ago, TrichomeCharlie said:

Hi Comrade - Thanks so much for this too! 

Is getting precise or degrees in seconds an option?

Hello, you will find that the F-16 coordinates are extremely precise, as for the Hornet, unlikely it will improve, as I do not have the module nor fly it.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Hello, you will find that the F-16 coordinates are extremely precise, as for the Hornet, unlikely it will improve, as I do not have the module nor fly it.... 

Hi Comrade - Thanks for the quick reply. May I suggest to add that note about the Hornet because thats good info to know and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere (sorry if I missed it).

Any plans to get the Hornet Module? If your intention is to get precise GPS for the Hornet I'll definitely put some cash towards the Hornet module for you. Anyone other Hornet flyers want to help out? Decimal seconds and elevation would put this tool over the top.

34 minutes ago, TrichomeCharlie said:

Hi Comrade - Thanks for the quick reply. May I suggest to add that note about the Hornet because thats good info to know and I didn't see it mentioned anywhere (sorry if I missed it).

Any plans to get the Hornet Module? If your intention is to get precise GPS for the Hornet I'll definitely put some cash towards the Hornet module for you. Anyone other Hornet flyers want to help out? Decimal seconds and elevation would put this tool over the top.

I see... Well, I have some buddies that helped me get hornet support in the first place, I will reach out to them again and hopefully I can get that in as I see it's highly requested... Also some very helpful contributor to the GitHub page kindly added A10 support so that will be in as well soon! I am happy about all your support here, that will definitely motivate me to add more features in the near future.

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

I see... Well, I have some buddies that helped me get hornet support in the first place, I will reach out to them again and hopefully I can get that in as I see it's highly requested... Also some very helpful contributor to the GitHub page kindly added A10 support so that will be in as well soon! I am happy about all your support here, that will definitely motivate me to add more features in the near future.

As I'm one of those who would really like Hornet precise coords and elevation, if I can help with what buttons need to be pressed etc, I'm very willing to help.

and with @TrichomeCharlie I'd chip in.

For precise coord entry in the hornet, if we take an example, assuming Precise mode is pre-activated.

Precise is a toggle, so I don't think you could press it for each waypoint, the user would have to set Precise before using the tool.

N25'54.675 E054'23.430 @ 573ft

Then:
increment steerpoint

press UFC

press position 1
Press North
(this is where it will get tricky)
start entering latitude (first 4 digits) 2 5 5 4
press UFC enter
press 6 7 5
press UFC enter

Press East
Start entering longitude (first 5 digits) 0 5 4 2 3
press UFC enter

press 4 3 0

press UFC enter

Press position 3 (elevation)

press position 1 (feet) or position 2 (meters)
press 573ft or 175m
Press enter

end of waypoint

Edited by jonsky7

On 8/24/2021 at 6:24 PM, jonsky7 said:

As I'm one of those who would really like Hornet precise coords and elevation, if I can help with what buttons need to be pressed etc, I'm very willing to help.

and with @TrichomeCharlie I'd chip in.

For precise coord entry in the hornet, if we take an example, assuming Precise mode is pre-activated.

Precise is a toggle, so I don't think you could press it for each waypoint, the user would have to set Precise before using the tool.

N25'54.675 E054'23.430 @ 573ft

Then:
increment steerpoint

press UFC

press position 1
Press North
(this is where it will get tricky)
start entering latitude (first 4 digits) 2 5 5 4
press UFC enter
press 6 7 5
press UFC enter

Press East
Start entering longitude (first 5 digits) 0 5 4 2 3
press UFC enter

press 4 3 0

press UFC enter

Press position 3 (elevation)

press position 1 (feet) or position 2 (meters)
press 573ft or 175m
Press enter

end of waypoint

Thank you for the help! What button would it be to activate precise mode? I can press any button in the cockpit so that the user doesn't have to...

59 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

Thank you for the help! What button would it be to activate precise mode? I can press any button in the cockpit so that the user doesn't have to...

It's AMPCD PB 19.

But I really wouldn't bother with it. As it's a toggle. So each press of the button while the HSI is in data mode, turns precise mode on/off. I think it will get out sync.

Unless of course you can extract from the sim whether precise mode is activated or not, and turn it on if it isn't. That seems a lot of work though. I would just put in the instructions that precise mode needs to be on before the transfer of waypoints.

Another request, in the 16, I see you have this code at the end of the inputting. Until you add elevation, if you're going to of course, could you remove that so it stays on the Steerpoint page? As at the moment we have to go back into steerpoint page to manually enter the elevation. I would have done it myself but I don't know how you turn all of the files into an .exe

//return to main page
        commandArray.put(new JSONObject().put("device", "17").put("code", "3032").put("delay", "10").put("activate", "-1"));

🙂 I can sort of understand the .lua files that do the inputting, but I looked at the code for getting the coordinates and was completely lost lol.
I wouldn't know how to make it enter only the first 4/5 digits from the coordinates, press enter, then do the other three either.

Also, would there be any chance of making a dark mode window, to be less intrusive on a black background?

I know I'm being a pest, sorry about that, but coding is a bit beyond me. 

thanks!!! 

Edited by jonsky7

1 minute ago, jonsky7 said:

It's AMPCD PB 19.

But I really wouldn't bother with it. It's a toggle. So each press of the button while the HSI is in data mode, turns precise mode on/off. 

Unless of course you can extract from the sim whether precise mode is activated or not, and turn it on if it isn't. That seems a lot of work though. I would just put in the instructions that precise mode needs to be on before the transfer of waypoints.

Another request, in the 16, I see you have this code at the end of the inputting. Until you add elevation, if you're going to of course, could you remove that so it stays on the Steerpoint page? As at the moment we have to go back into steerpoint page to manually enter the elevation. I would have done it myself but I don't know how you turn all of the files into an .exe

//return to main page
        commandArray.put(new JSONObject().put("device", "17").put("code", "3032").put("delay", "10").put("activate", "-1"));

🙂 I can sort of understand the .lua files that do the inputting, but I looked at the code for getting the coordinates and was completely lost lol.
I wouldn't know how to make it enter only the first 4/5 digits from the coordinates, press enter, then do the other three either.

Also, would there be any chance of making a dark mode window, to be less intrusive on a black background?

I know I'm being a pest, sorry about that, but coding is a bit beyond me. 

thanks!!! 

Thanks for the input, actually I plan to get the elevation from the waypoint on the map, and have that be entered automatically... If that is not possible, I have other plans to integrate it into the GUI... Thanks to all your support, I will try and get up to speed with the project again, I've been neglecting it recently. 

• Like 3