Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Weidlich said:

Transferring steerpoints to the F16 got very unreliable.

I have to press transfer to DCS quite often (3-4times) to acutally get them transferred correctly.

Most of the time there is a input mixup (like the input is too fast and the DCS misses some inputs).

Indeed I am aware of a bug when the framerate is very high (above 100 fps) amd the program gives too little delay... Will be fixed in the next version, in the meantime, as a workaround, try to cap your fps at 60

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, it's been a while I know, but I am picking up the development again. In order to implement most of the features requested here, a new GUI is in order, which will require a massive rebuild of the code. It will take a while still, but the end result will be well worth it. So hang in there, it is underway.

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Hello all! Surprise surprise, figured it would be good to add some new modules in the meanwhile, special thanks to @jonsky7 for helping out!

Changes in this release include:

•  Added support for AV8BNA Harrier
  •  Added support for Mirage 2000
  •  Added support for Ka-50 Blackshark
  •  Fixed issue on F-16 with high framerates

If you are upgrading from an older version, simply extract the new `The Way` folder contained in the .zip file in your existing folder, overriding any files, and replace your old `TheWay.lua` file in your Saved Games with the new one.

Download here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Enjoy!

PS: I tried adding the Gazelle as well, but it is a bit more complicated, and I'm not sure if I can make it work...

Edited by Comrade Doge
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Hello all! Surprise surprise, figured it would be good to add some new modules in the meanwhile, special thanks to @jonsky7 for helping out!

If you are upgrading from an older version, simply extract the new `The Way` folder contained in the .zip file in your existing folder, overriding any files, and replace your old `TheWay.lua` file in your Saved Games with the new one.

Enjoy!

PS: I tried adding the Gazelle as well, but it is a bit more complicated, and I'm not sure if I can make it work...

Awesome!

On 11/1/2021 at 1:38 AM, Comrade Doge said:

Enjoy!

Awesome work there! Just when i started to get tired inputting coordinate with mirage, this helps a lot. 

This is brilliant! Such a huge QOL improvement. Thanks for doing this. 🤩

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

1 hour ago, Cendrawasih said:

any guide on how to use this for the ka-50? i did change the coordinate to decimal and then begin transfer but nothing happen, so... i guess i missed something.

Did you check if they were entered? It enters them really really fast so you won't see the process.

@Cendrawasih  TheWay enters the waypoints into the PVI800 in the Ka-50.

The PVI800 is this bit

pvi800.jpg

The PVI800 will only accept decimal degrees, so there's no real need for the warning and no particular reason to change the units in the Abris other than to have them match.

The PVI800 and the Abris are not linked. The Abris is basically it's own self contained unit that uses GPS. So waypoints entered into the PVI800 won't automatically show on the Abris screen unfortunately.

The Ka-50 uses the PVI800 for it's navigation info. This info is shown on the HUD, and can be used for automatic route following etc.

With the Waypoint button (top left) lit up, pressing 1-6 changes the waypoint to that waypoint for navigation purposes.

Edited by jonsky7

1 hour ago, jonsky7 said:

The PVI800 is this bit

pvi800.jpg

The PVI800 will only accept decimal degrees, so there's no real need for the warning and no particular reason to change the units in the Abris other than to have them match.

The PVI800 and the Abris are not linked. The Abris is basically it's own self contained unit that uses GPS. So waypoints entered into the PVI800 won't automatically show on the Abris screen unfortunately.

The Ka-50 uses the PVI800 for it's navigation info. This info is shown on the HUD, and can be used for automatic route following etc.

With the Waypoint button (top left) lit up, pressing 1-6 changes the waypoint to that waypoint for navigation purposes.

Ah I see. I've only now dug deeper into the Ka-50, I will remove that warning next time. Thanks

On 11/5/2021 at 1:57 AM, jonsky7 said:

The PVI800 is this bit

pvi800.jpg

Aaaah I see so that's how it is, many thanks, cheers

• 4 weeks later...

I did try a VR workaround by running OVRDrop and overlaying "The Way". Technically it worked but it was too much for my headset and crashes when I try to run them together in VR. I was still able to use it in VR but had to jump out of the headset and hop in and out of the game to add each WP. Perhaps someone with some more knowledge can modify it to work in VR like the scratchpad overlay does. 

On 12/12/2021 at 6:05 AM, Saint_Genius said:

I did try a VR workaround by running OVRDrop and overlaying "The Way". Technically it worked but it was too much for my headset and crashes when I try to run them together in VR. I was still able to use it in VR but had to jump out of the headset and hop in and out of the game to add each WP. Perhaps someone with some more knowledge can modify it to work in VR like the scratchpad overlay does. 

Good work there, unfortunately I haven't found much time lately to develop further for TheWay, and VR is still inacessible to me at the moment... I hope I will at least find time to add more features to the base program...

Hey all, it's been a while, super busy with irl stuff, but I got some free time lately to add some new stuff to the program.

Here's a design concept for new features, I plan to make the tool have more depth in regards of flight planning, namely manually adding waypoints, adding from a file, editing, reordering, renaming, and shortcut keys. The more advanced features will be present in a separate window, the "advanced" mode, so the old and simple way of doing things will still be there, in a "simple" mode. To develop these new features I am going to have to let go of my beloved Java and code the program in Javascript, which will take a while, but it is underway.

Any more suggestions will be appreciated!

TheWay(1).jpg

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...

@Comrade Doge
Thanks for this great mod.

Im having trouble getting coordinates into the Harrier. Do you have any guide or tips for how to make it work in there. I'm on Syria. 

Can I get the coords to overwrite premade waypoints. Can it do markpoints or target points instead of just waypoints?

what screen do I need to have up when I start transfer?

It seems like it starts trying to enter if I have the ehsd up but doesnt actually fill out or change any waypoints. Just pushes a lot of buttons.

4 hours ago, tech_op2000 said:

@Comrade Doge

Im having trouble getting coordinates into the Harrier. Do you have any guide or tips for how to make it work in there. I'm on Syria. 

Can I get the coords to overwrite premade waypoints. Can it do markpoints or target points instead of just waypoints?

It seems like it starts trying to enter if I have the ehsd up but doesnt actually fill out or change any waypoints. Just pushes a lot of buttons.

It seems the recent update may have changed something in the way the coordinates are entered in the Harrier and made "TheWay" not work properly.

It couldn't enter markpoints or targets points though, only waypoints, and it would not overwrite previously stored waypoints, only make new ones.

The Harrier does have the ability to import markers from the F10 map for target points though.

edit: Before the update it was necessary to press the Pos (ODU option 2) to switch from latitude to longitude, this seems to have changed to automatically switching to longitude entry when the latitude has been entered on the press of the enter key.

Edited by jonsky7

8 hours ago, tech_op2000 said:

@Comrade Doge

Hello, indeed I got some reports for it not working anymore, I will work on a fix as soon as I can