Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

5 minutes ago, beewip said:

Ok this is the permissions on one of the servers y use to fly

image.png

I create a simple mission with 1 viper and some targets but i got the same error that obtain in MP

image.png

Alright, message me directly via private message and we'll try to fix it there

Yesterday I  modify  the export.lua slash bar and didn´t roll back so this was the error today while try it on offline

image.png

So I change again the slash and try it again, this are the result:

image.png

Its working on offline mission so I think now it's something wrong with the server

Just now, Myoclonic Jerk said:

Hi Comrade Doge - I'd be interested in the solution to beewip's problem, as I have the same issue - no 'detection' of DCS, in SP or MP. Starting DCS first and then opening 'The Way' has no effect.

Cheers

Hello, check if you installed the .lua files in the right place, and also show me the Export.lua file to see if it had been edited correctly

Thx for this awesome tool 😃 Very handy

i9 13900k 5.5Ghz; ASUS TUF RTX 3090 OC 24GB; 64GB ddr5 6400mhz cl30; 7 Tb SSD NVMe; 2Tb HDD; 20Tb NAS ZFS RAID1; LG 34GN850 3440x1440 160hz IPS; Hotas Warthog + VPC ACE Flight Rudder Pedals; TrackIR5; Quest3; DX3 Pro+ and HiFiMan Edition XS 

MacBook PRO 16' 2023 M3 Max (14cpu-30gpu), DDR5 36Gb, 1Tb + 2Tb 990PRO Ext

posted on the YT channel, but post did not make it.

For the VR use, might it be an option, to have keybinds?

So when you are on the MAP in VR, and press the keybind/controller input, TheWay does the magic in the background.

Another option might be OVRTools, but not quite famliar with that. (Shows custom window, in VR Screen)

I've followed the GitHub installation instructions, but when I try to capture coordinates from the map, I get a "No connection to DCS detected" error. Does anyone know why this is and how it can be fixed?

Capture.JPG

Edit: I have discovered there's a conflict between Santi's DCS Waypoint Editor and TheWay. It seems I can't have DCS Bios and TheWay.lua in the same Export.lua file. This disables functions in both programs, so I had to choose just one.

Edited by RSharpe

On 2/14/2022 at 12:44 AM, RSharpe said:

I've followed the GitHub installation instructions, but when I try to capture coordinates from the map, I get a "No connection to DCS detected" error. Does anyone know why this is and how it can be fixed?

Capture.JPG

Edit: I have discovered there's a conflict between Santi's DCS Waypoint Editor and TheWay. It seems I can't have DCS Bios and TheWay.lua in the same Export.lua file. This disables functions in both programs, so I had to choose just one.

I don't have this issue using both "TheWay" and DCS-BIOS in the same export.lua. However I can't comment about using both Santi's editor and theway together.

On 2/16/2022 at 7:40 PM, LordMustang said:

@Comrade DogeDoes the Ka-50 work for you? The F-16 works fine for me, but the Ka-50 doesn't receive any inputs.

I havent been on for a few weeks but it was definitely working. If I recall correctly the data entry in the Ka-50 is so fast that it's easy to assume nothing has happened. This is also the same in the A10C.

Be aware that "TheWay" enters data into the PVI800 navigation system. The PVI800 system and the ABRIS are NOT linked, so you won't see any new info on the ABRIS screen.

This is not like when creating missions with waypoints in the mission editor for the Ka-50, as DCS automatically enters that information into both the PVI800 and the ABRIS systems, so you get your route displayed on the ABRIS. But for any new waypoint whilst in the cockpit, you would have to enter the data into both systems individually.

However the PVI800 system is the source of the waypoint information that is displayed on the HUD, and also what controls the autopilot for waypoint following etc. So "TheWay" is still really useful in this regard, you just don't get a fancy waypoint line on the ABRIS screen.

Edited by jonsky7

Is the software able to load a flight plan from a file if a correct format is used? Something like, load game, load program, load pre-made file into the program and let it do its job? Would be pretty nifty if it did have the option to load pre-made flight plans.

Just now, DJK said:

Is the software able to load a flight plan from a file if a correct format is used? Something like, load game, load program, load pre-made file into the program and let it do its job? Would be pretty nifty if it did have the option to load pre-made flight plans.

No it does not currently. Might consider it at a later date

On 2/17/2022 at 6:22 PM, jonsky7 said:

I havent been on for a few weeks but it was definitely working. If I recall correctly the data entry in the Ka-50 is so fast that it's easy to assume nothing has happened. This is also the same in the A10C.

Be aware that "TheWay" enters data into the PVI800 navigation system. The PVI800 system and the ABRIS are NOT linked, so you won't see any new info on the ABRIS screen.

This is not like when creating missions with waypoints in the mission editor for the Ka-50, as DCS automatically enters that information into both the PVI800 and the ABRIS systems, so you get your route displayed on the ABRIS. But for any new waypoint whilst in the cockpit, you would have to enter the data into both systems individually.

However the PVI800 system is the source of the waypoint information that is displayed on the HUD, and also what controls the autopilot for waypoint following etc. So "TheWay" is still really useful in this regard, you just don't get a fancy waypoint line on the ABRIS screen.

I know it would most likely enter into the PVI, but I checked all the slots for WPT, TGT and airfield points but couldn't find them. It was also unclear whether I need to enable editing mode before transferring points.

45 minutes ago, LordMustang said:

I know it would most likely enter into the PVI, but I checked all the slots for WPT, TGT and airfield points but couldn't find them. It was also unclear whether I need to enable editing mode before transferring points.

Seems to working fine for me, The data is entered into the Waypoint slots. You don't need to enter editing mode manually, that is automatic.

I Even tried hitting the transfer to DCS switch with the PVI switched off, the waypoints were entered, and when finished it switched to Operating mode.

All happens in the blink of an eye, the only thing I saw was the switch going from off to operating.

Sorry, I forgot to enable mouse pointer recording

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jonsky7 said:

@Comrade Doge

Hi mate,

I've reversed engineered your code to make it compatible with the Apache, I'm having trouble compiling it into a working exe though, I don't do it often enough and have completely forgotten. If I run it from IntelliJ it works though. 

Take a look!

Here's the files

AH64.java 12.23 kB · 0 downloads    WaypointManager.java 3.96 kB · 0 downloads

Hello, I hope to get my hands on the Longbow soon-ish, and try it out as well, thanks for the involvement!