Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

1 hour ago, Sprool said:

..in the F-16 yes, but how to get the Apache or KA-50 to accept a route input from the tool and not just a set of discrete points?

In order to enter steer points after you enter the waypoints with TheWay do the following, assuming you have entered 3 waypoints:

1. make sure waypoint is lit on PVI

2. press 1 (to select waypoint 1)

3. press ENTER

3. press 2 (to select waypoint 2)

4. press ENTER

5. press 3 (to select waypoint 3)

6. press ENTER

7. press 1 again (with no ENTER)!

8. press waypoint to turn it off

9. press waypoint to turn it on

10. press 1

Points 3-7: you should not see any coordinates, but only waypoint number you just selected. At 10 you should see the waypoint with coordinate. If you engage the 'R' this should result in Ka-50 going to waypoint 1, 2 and 3. (tip: do this after you stabelize altitude at 20-30m above ground, and press altitude hold on autopilot panel). 

Please note that there was some work in progress into implementing above sequence in PVI and providing ABRIS support. ABRIS entry appears to be functional on 2 machines, while PVI steerpoint entry is not working correctly on machine that has ~20 FPS.

However, at the moment there is no way to test all aircraft, since Doge does have only F-16. I made significant changes in code that could affect other modules and it is not a good idea to include those changes without extensive testing of all modules.

If you are brave and willing to risk you can find the UNOFFICIAL binary here: https://github.com/okopanja/DCSTheWay/releases/tag/v1.6.0alpha

Please note that this binary requires the modified TheWay.lua file which is included in zip. Please be sure to revert the TheWay.lua later to the offical version after you finish!

The progress and test and integration you can follow here: https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay/pull/24

It would be cool if you could test it with modules you may own and let us know if they still behave as before.

Edited by okopanja
correction

Thanks for this, the KA-50 works fine, route-following with the above procedure but the map display does not show the wp's. The Heli steers nicely along the route though, and no fps issues for me. I will check the A-10cii

14 minutes ago, Sprool said:

Thanks for this, the KA-50 works fine, route-following with the above procedure but the map display does not show the wp's.

For map you have to read second part of my post. 😉

ABRIS = map

Edited by okopanja

Tried the A10c and A10cII but its not accepting the waypoint data entry. Do you have to be in a special mode or setting on the MFD's before trying to import the wp data?

Unofficial binary demands that I install Java 11. I tried running again after install but its still asking me - maybe I need a restart first?

23 minutes ago, Sprool said:

Do you have to be in a special mode or setting on the MFD's before trying to import the wp data?

No, but if you did not replace "TheWay.lua" the unofficial version should behave exactly as official (no MAP entry). I will make a video later when I have more time

59 minutes ago, okopanja said:

No, but if you did not replace "TheWay.lua" the unofficial version should behave exactly as official (no MAP entry). I will make a video later when I have more time

OK Warthogs working fine on the original TheWay.

2 minutes ago, Sprool said:

video comes up as private - cannot play. Also I tried the new TheWay after installing jave 11 and rebooting but its still asking me to reinstall java? I know this is an inssue with my pc setitngs probably but I just want to go flying 😉

try again

3 minutes ago, Sprool said:

Thanks - runs fine now. Great to see all the wp's and route going into the Abris. Not working here, maybe thats cos I have the java 11 issue that prevents me running the unofficial alpha version?

In order not to spam here, send me the PM with screenshot of the error. I might just package the jar file for you with no exe.

Now with java updated, KA-50 wp's go in nicely and gives a route line between wp's. A10C and A10CII both import wp's fine, they appear on the map mfd, and Harrier works too but no route line, but I dont know the harrier well enough to judge if thee should be one or how its created from WP's.

13 hours ago, Sprool said:

Now with java updated, KA-50 wp's go in nicely and gives a route line between wp's. A10C and A10CII both import wp's fine, they appear on the map mfd, and Harrier works too but no route line, but I dont know the harrier well enough to judge if thee should be one or how its created from WP's.

Hi, sorry but I have to ask this again in order to be certain:

You have tested these modules with unofficial binary (which includes ka-50 ABRIS):

- A10C

- AC1II

- Harrier

1 hour ago, SparrowHawk003 said:

hi all, is there an easy way to get the pink dot to a specific screen?  i have my main viewport on one screen, but dot appears on screen 2

cheers!

Try changing the windows main screen to the dcs used one, or launching the app from the screen you use dcs on.

Hi Comrade Doge

I managed to work it in the F/A 18, but can't in the Apache.
In a single player mission,  I select a WP, press begin transfer, select pilot position, I see it change the R MFD to TSD, it selects point, add, ident. The keyboard unit shows ident, then 0, then enters the coordinates. This where it gets stuck and the waypoint is not entered. 
This is the same in the CPG seat.
What am I not doing correctly?

thanks

1 minute ago, FlyingKah said:

Hi Comrade Doge

I managed to work it in the F/A 18, but can't in the Apache.
In a single player mission,  I select a WP, press begin transfer, select pilot position, I see it change the R MFD to TSD, it selects point, add, ident. The keyboard unit shows ident, then 0, then enters the coordinates. This where it gets stuck and the waypoint is not entered. 
This is the same in the CPG seat.
What am I not doing correctly?

thanks

Hello, could you show me a video of when it doesn't work? Also keep in mind if the framerate is very high, above 140 fps, issues might arise.

4 minutes ago, FlyingKah said:

2022-04-15 18-38-39.mkvFPS was 15

It doesn't show on the video because OBS was capturing DCS window only, but "The way" pop up panel was there.  I don't know how to do screen capture otherwise. Windows 10 doesn't let me use the game bar.

I think I know what's wrong, you have something typed into the keyboard already, make sure that the cursor is not blinking prior to entering the waypoints. If it still doesn't work, PM me on the forums.