Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

On 4/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, Floydii said:

Any news on being able to export/import flight plans via a text string in the clipboard or similar?

DCS DTC does it really well, but only for the F16. Makes multiplayer mission planning a breeze.

Please it will be AWESOME for the apache, and if its possible to we be abble to ADD the
Waypoint TYPE - IDENT and FREE !

Hi.  Could you tell me how to make this mod work in the KA50?  It doesnt seem to transfer any steering into the computer when I click transfer.  Thanks!  I watched the video here: 

but nothing seems to happen when I click transfer.  I already have 6 waypoints programmed.  I was expecting a new waypoint 7.

Edited by Chad Vader

21 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

Hi.  Could you tell me how to make this mod work in the KA50?  It doesnt seem to transfer any steering into the computer when I click transfer.  Thanks!  I watched the video here: 

but nothing seems to happen when I click transfer.  I already have 6 waypoints programmed.  I was expecting a new waypoint 7.

6waypoints is the limit for the ka50

Hi, Downloaded new version of The Way and now its not working.

I have followed the instructions by:

Downloading new exe file and copying over TheWay.lua

Export.Lua has three lines

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);
local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay.lua')

It was working earlier on this afternoon in the apache, but now it isnt... I get "no connection to DCS" when trying to click on a waypoint on f10 map.  Any ideas?

32 minutes ago, Chad Vader said:

Hi, Downloaded new version of The Way and now its not working.

I have followed the instructions by:

Downloading new exe file and copying over TheWay.lua

Export.Lua has three lines

local Tacviewlfs=require('lfs');dofile(Tacviewlfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua')
pcall(function() local dcsSr=require('lfs');dofile(dcsSr.writedir()..[[Mods\Services\DCS-SRS\Scripts\DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua]]); end,nil);
local TheWayLfs=require('lfs'); dofile(TheWayLfs.writedir()..'Scripts/TheWay.lua')

It was working earlier on this afternoon in the apache, but now it isnt... I get "no connection to DCS" when trying to click on a waypoint on f10 map.  Any ideas?

PM me and we'll get it sorted

Hey comrade Doge, it would be absolutely awesome if you could add functionality to the way to add target points into the KVI 800 as well as waypoints.  I find that manually still having to type targets into the computer is the go to method for target acquisition.  At the moment I'm fudging it using your mod to fly to a target as a waypoint and manually slewing the shkval over the target, but its difficult still to find targets if obscured by trees etc.  Not sure how simple this is but maybe its just adding a different line of code to say instead of adding a waypoint add a target point 🙂 🙂 

Edited by Chad Vader

7 minutes ago, Comrade Doge said:

No, I don't think there is a way to make it work with the Hind.

I think that cold war birds could be possibly supported through NS 430 ($ required on user side), but that is yet another dial and push interface like ABRIS.

On 4/27/2022 at 12:45 PM, okopanja said:

I think that cold war birds could be possibly supported through NS 430 ($ required on user side), but that is yet another dial and push interface like ABRIS.

I have a fairly decent voice attack profile for the NS430 if you're interested in that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chad Vader said:

Could do single waypoints in the hind that just move the course setter and program the DISS?

Well I for one can't figure out a way (no pun intended) to make it work, I have asked around some Hind fliers and we couldn't find a solution... The Hind doesn't really have a coordinate system that we can reliably program. At most, it's navigation system would work like the F10 map with user placed markers...

On 4/16/2022 at 4:02 PM, Floydii said:

Any news on being able to export/import flight plans via a text string in the clipboard or similar?

DCS DTC does it really well, but only for the F16. Makes multiplayer mission planning a breeze.

You might want to try using DCS Waypoint Editor which includes support for import/export and saved profiles.  I also just added the ability to capture coordinates using the data source from The Way Export.lua method.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lasko said:

You might want to try using DCS Waypoint Editor which includes support for import/export and saved profiles.  I also just added the ability to capture coordinates using the data source from The Way Export.lua method.  

Cool, I'll give it a go. Noting the last guthub update was 2019, any idea if it'll be updated with newer Aircraft?

Edited by Floydii

I made 5 waypoints in NAV phase, they show up on the map. but they dont show up in the right side list? Any idea why? Thanks,

null

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Yeah, now that you mention it, I do remember seeing a tutorial about how to ADD them,,, thanks for the reminder. This is just AWSUM by the way!

• Thanks 1

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I love this program, works so well in the apache, now i just got me the A10CII and wanted to know what is the trick to see "the way"do its magic? I have tried a lot of things, but i always get invalid entry or something like that in the CDU(?)

any body any ideas? THX