Transfer steerpoints from the F10 map into the aircraft - DCS: The Way

Comrade Doge

7 hours ago, comcat said:

I love this program, works so well in the apache, now i just got me the A10CII and wanted to know what is the trick to see "the way"do its magic? I have tried a lot of things, but i always get invalid entry or something like that in the CDU(?)

any body any ideas? THX

Can you tell me what's your FPS? If it's really high, above 100 or so, it might misbehave, as I've only tested it at about 60...

10 hours ago, Comrade Doge said:

Can you tell me what's your FPS? If it's really high, above 100 or so, it might misbehave, as I've only tested it at about 60...

You mean my Frames per second? they go between 40 to 60 fps. nothing crazy ( unfortunately).

should the transfer work at any setting on the CDU?

8 minutes ago, comcat said:

You mean my Frames per second? they go between 40 to 60 fps. nothing crazy ( unfortunately).

should the transfer work at any setting on the CDU?

Try it with a hot started jet, in a fresh mission. Might be something related to some kind of prior setting of the CDU...

On 5/20/2022 at 9:59 AM, Comrade Doge said:

Try it with a hot started jet, in a fresh mission. Might be something related to some kind of prior setting of the CDU...

Thank you Comrade, I got it to work...just need  to touch nothing and then find the waypoint... it goes so quick!

thank you for this amazing tool !!!!!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Comrade Doge

Such amazing work! Thank you for producing this!

I believe you have already stated that you would try to implement waypoint labels in a future version.

But, a specific question for the AH64.

1. Would you be able to implement the input of the different point types ( WP HZ CM TG ) ?

- Additionally the Identity(IDENT) and Free naming options for these points? The Free isn't that important as it can be edited after.

- Maybe just a checkbox or a button for the type of point that is being created at the time? ( WP HZ CM TG ) ?

- Currently one issue with TG points is the threat system in the AH64 uses the majority of the TG points available if there are more than 50 targets in any given mission. 

2. The ability to display a list of points already saved with their corresponding labels/point types and coordinates? 

• 2 weeks later...

need help, I tried TheWay (https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay) and I am 100% sure I installed it correctly but the `theway.exe` window didn't popup when I switch into the DCS game, it seems like the game hidden all the other windows, and I am using the Steam to launch the DCS, any idea?

here's my dcs.log file.dcs.log

Edited by niuchenglei

1 hour ago, niuchenglei said:

need help, I tried TheWay (https://github.com/aronCiucu/DCSTheWay) and I am 100% sure I installed it correctly but the `theway.exe` window didn't popup when I switch into the DCS game, it seems like the game hidden all the other windows, and I am using the Steam to launch the DCS, any idea?

here's my dcs.log file.dcs.log

Hello, have you tried alt tabbing back in? The window for TheWay should be highest in priority... If you could, PM me a video about it

This APP has really come on, I mind looking at it some time back and held back as I was using WPeditor, but now having ran the latest version it is great!  Just a few word to say thanks Comrade Doge, your work and generosity in sharing is very much appreciated.

It is complete 'as is' thanks but from a SQUAD perspective IF you ever get bored (I know, being cheeky) a simple text coordinate export of WPs selected together with an Import function would allow WP / TGT planning by one person to be shared and used by the complete flight.  Time I know is valuable so I understand if this is placed in the 'BIN' tray...  Thanks again mate....

SIGBLOCK.png

• 1 month later...

NICE little program that i only noticed now!!! Definitly on my list of helperprograms to launch before DCS

How about the reciprocal approach?

Is it possible to EXTRACT the waypoints (WP, TG, CM etc. )entered into the Apache's navigation system in game, and get a list of coordinates etc. to add to a briefing fx. ??

Talking as a mission builder here 😉

Any plans to add the Viggen to this awesome mod ?  It's the plane most sorely needing a tool like this.  If you've flown the Viggen you'd know what I'm talking about.  Program a multi coordinate attack on a 1981 Cassio watch as a flight computer, it's like texting on a 1999 nokia phone.  Please add the Viggen and unleash this awesome plane.

Edited by Skoop

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2022 at 2:33 PM, Chad Vader said:

Thanks! It just does this on the CDU when I click transfer (about 12 seconds in i click transfer)

How many waypoints have been imported from the mission? The Right LSK3 is showing ?-1, which is what it looks like when you have entered all 50 available waypoints. It usually looks like ?1 or ?10 etc from 1-50.

You will not see anything happening in the A10C when TheWay is doing it's stuff, it is instantaneous for this aircraft. All you will see when it's working correctly is the number on LSK3 change.

Edited by jonsky7
  • Like 1

Hey everyone,

I have just downloaded TheWay and I have followed instructions on my FA18. For some reason, the unique wpt is created (the 4th in my case) but its number is not shown in the list displayed on the DDI display:  0-1-2-3...

Any thoughts on this issue?

Kind regards

Edited by Vic64

1 hour ago, Vic64 said:

Hey everyone,

I have just downloaded TheWay and I have followed instructions on my FA18. For some reason, the unique wpt is created (the 4th in my case) but its number is not shown in the list displayed on the DDI display:  0-1-2-3...

Any thoughts on this issue?

Kind regards

The process I usually use is:

Set coordinates to Precise 

HSI DATA page up on left MFCD

HSI DATA page up on bottom MFCD

Set waypoint to the last entered waypoint

Then hit transfer to DCS button

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm trying to use this, and I get an error: No connection to DCS detected. 

But I can see the select WP dot... So... any ideas? 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Hi Doge, and thank you for such an awesome app.

For some reason when i grab coor from the map f10 and enter it into f18, in precise mode also pressing alt +Y to get that mode, the coordinates are always slightly off in the last 2 decimal numbers - compared to when i actually click on the unit on the map as its coordinates are shown.

Is it my screen size, im running standard 1920x1080?

I have also tried doing it zoomed in all the way, and zoomed out to as far as i can go but still be in middle of target.

Ill try to upload a quick pick of map unit coor and entered in waypoint coor.

the way slightly off.png

41 minutes ago, WombatAU said:

Hi Doge, and thank you for such an awesome app.

For some reason when i grab coor from the map f10 and enter it into f18, in precise mode also pressing alt +Y to get that mode, the coordinates are always slightly off in the last 2 decimal numbers - compared to when i actually click on the unit on the map as its coordinates are shown.

Is it my screen size, im running standard 1920x1080?

I have also tried doing it zoomed in all the way, and zoomed out to as far as i can go but still be in middle of target.

Ill try to upload a quick pick of map unit coor and entered in waypoint coor.

the way slightly off.png

At first glance it appears that DCS shows you the unit in a different coordinate format than the jet...

Oh, so i dont need to ALT+Y to change in map coordinates?
Can leave it as default. Or even better ALT-Y to N## ##.## and it throws in an extra digit for added precision.

No idea why I had it in my head to select the most decimal point coordinate.

Edited by WombatAU