F/A-18 startup

Shark 3-1

Can someone provide a startup?

Thanks,

Shark 3-1

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

Thanks both of you guys!

Modules I look forward too: BO-105, OH-58, AH-64, BS3, Eurofighter.
Wishlist: Ah-1 (any variant), HH-60 Pavehawk/ UH-60, A-4, AH6, and F-4

Joystick/Throttle/Rudder pedals: T.16000 Stick, TWCS throttle, and T-Flight rudder pedals.

12 hours ago, Hulkbust44 said:

General rule of thumb: avoid GR like the plague. Bad history, bad information. Find an updated cold start video. Probably the biggest issue in this vid is going to nav not IFA.

Grim Reaper isn't that bad. He's got a bunch of usefull and entertaining videos 🙂 

On 5/23/2021 at 1:52 AM, Shark 3-1 said:

Can someone provide a startup?

It might be worth checking out @Rudel_chw's start-up trainer. It is very thorough!

• Like 1

First become an aviator, then become a terminator

6 hours ago, t1mb0b said:

Without offering the OP an actual alternative there you see what you've done, nothing.

Irrelevant.

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I've got a whole set of no-nonsense startup checklists, which are designed to be used as kneeboards in-game. You can find the link in my signature. 

I'm in the process of totally redesigning them right now. Here's what the Hornet one looks like:

FA18C Startup.png

Minksy has created an incredible set of kneeboards for the hornet.  I suggest you start with the quick startup page, which covers everything you need.  Then as you continue to learn the aircraft, you will have *everything* you need to know or reference contained in these pages, in a really well-thought out manner.  Check them out:

https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/266375-fa-18c-kneeboard-suite-updated-21-may-2021/

• Like 1

Well, you seem to have an issue with GR and you can’t understand why ED does not. Perhaps it’s not universally accepted that the things you claim are correct (like use of N words repeatedly). If you don’t like them, fine. But there are ALOT of people who watch and love the videos and a lot of people (myself included) were introduced to DCS (and spent a lot of $$$ on it) as a result of those entertaining vids. I use their tutorials often as just that: a turorial. It’s not a substitute for a manual.

is there another YouTube site where I can get a tutorial for doing almost anything to every module?

so OP, check out GR and see if the tutorial gets your plane started. They are easier to follow than many I’ve seen that almost expect that you have a working knowledge of the aircraft already. If not your style, there are others. But don’t be dissuaded from helpful info because someone else doesn’t like them nor understand why anyone else does 

My problem with GR, politics and reputation background aside, is that their videos are way too long and rambling for my attention span.

Much of the time it seems like Cap doesn't know how to do something, and there's several minutes of others explaining it to him, and then he repeats what he's learned for your benefit.
Sometimes the first way he tries to do something doesn't work and he has to figure out the right way and do it again.  The law of primacy (first learned is best learned) means I don't want to have to filter out the garbage info, I just need to be shown how to do it per the procedure and then I can practice that.

I would highly recommend Redkite, Laobi's 1-minute DCS series, and Wags videos as your go-to.  They're succinct, accurate, and easy to follow.

For written material, Chuck's Guides are unparalleled.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, t1mb0b said:

again, not helping anyone

why cant you just accept that not everyone likes GR videos? If you do like them, just ignore the critics.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

10 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

why cant you just accept that not everyone likes GR videos? If you do like them, just ignore the critics.

Oh god another one pops out from his hole. I do accept it, what i don't accept is that in response to the OP, while i gave him some advice, which would have helped him on his way, I end up being attacked for helping someone. You're just another that joins the crowd and doesn't help the OP.

Have a really great day, adding unhelpful comments to your gee-wiz 9000 post total

• Thanks 1