@nguludi

The last three missions, actually in the process of adapting to 2.7. So there is always a possibility of a bug at the moment.

Please specify the situation or the circumstances because after picking up the Alpha troop and flying out of the valley, there may be a missile attack, leading to a sudden end of the mission if not counteracted.

Always happy landings ;)

Hi CHPL, Thanks for the speedy reply and bugs re 2.7 understood.

Flying up the valley before getting to Alpha troop, but after the initial radio contact with them the C/O say to stay at tree top level.  Shortly thereafter the mission just ends (on three occasions) before turning up the valley to head of the unfriendlies.

Does that make sense? Basically just before getting to the Waypoint  (4) at the start of the side valley? 

Mick

@nguludi

Hey Mick

:idea: I think I know what the problem is.
It is a rescue mission and you should fly "into" the valley as fast as possible.
If it takes too long, you should get a "mission failed" message before it aborts.
So, after the start in Batumi Tourqu directly under the red line and as quickly as possible on the specified path to and in the valley.

Frank :thumbup:

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

• 4 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 4:03 PM, CHPL said:

@nguludi

Hey Mick

:idea: I think I know what the problem is.
It is a rescue mission and you should fly "into" the valley as fast as possible.
If it takes too long, you should get a "mission failed" message before it aborts.
So, after the start in Batumi Tourqu directly under the red line and as quickly as possible on the specified path to and in the valley.

Frank :thumbup:

Hi I'm having this same problem, I'm flying there as fast as I can following the river, the engine is ITT limited so can't keep max torque but almost (ITT is in the yellow) I'm doing around 100.

The mission ends exactly where OP described it, I did 3 runs, on the 3rd I went slower just to test it and the mission ended exactly the same place (I was at least a minute slower), just before turning right from  the main valley.

Something is not ok. Or the margin is too tight in the mission, I will give it another go with disregarding the engine's scream of suffering , I wonder if It will quit before I get there. I will report back.

PS.: Failed again 😞   also if I try to fly the mission again without restarting DCS it will drop the FPS down to 5 and max out the CPU usage, something happening in the mission if it is not a clean start.

Edited by Balu010

16 minutes ago, CHPL said:

I Will test it again tomorrow. The last update already improved the time margin. The mission ends or crashes at that moment?

@nguludi Hey Miki,
Du, you still have the same issue, or you mad it?

Mission just ends, no crash, and the text is so fast I could not read the message why it is ending. I kept trying with some shortcuting I managed to get past this point in time. So it is just some timing issue. The helo is heavy and I could barely keep speed at 100, more like 90 if I had to climb even a little.

If the failure text would be visible longer so I know I failed the time I think I would have figured it out sooner. So even if you change nothing with the missions, you should ensure that the pilot can read the reason while the mission failed.

Now I'm struggling with what to do with all the enemies 😄 I don't have enough ammo to kill all and I never was told to land anywhere so I ended up circling until they shot me down 😄

@Balu010  

I Will make some changes to the timing :book:. Also thinking about canceling it over the Radio menu. I guess that's the way I will go. 

There is only one group of enemies crucial to the mission. That's the one where the blue smoke is rising at the far end of the Valley. This group, threatening ALPHA walking uphill in the open grass. 
You need only to kill this one group, and Alpha will move to the pickup zone.  :gun_smilie: I never had issues with a lack of ammunition in at least 100 tests. 
There are some enemies downhill close to the landing zone, and ammunition shud be plenty enough to kill them also. 
Do not care about the enemy far away from Alpha. You simply need to set the right priorities. :smoke:
Good luck.

Always happy landings ;)

15 minutes ago, CHPL said:

@Balu010  

I Will make some changes to the timing :book:. Also thinking about canceling it over the Radio menu. I guess that's the way I will go. 

There is only one group of enemies crucial to the mission. That's the one where the blue smoke is rising at the far end of the Valley. This group, threatening ALPHA walking uphill in the open grass. 
You need only to kill this one group, and Alpha will move to the pickup zone.  :gun_smilie: I never had issues with a lack of ammunition in at least 100 tests. 
There are some enemies downhill close to the landing zone, and ammunition shud be plenty enough to kill them also. 
Do not care about the enemy far away from Alpha. You simply need to set the right priorities. :smoke:
Good luck.

Ohh the smoke is the enemy position ??? The radio communication IIRC says: "Mark YOUR position" talking to Alpha

I never shoot towards the smoke afraid of hitting friendlies. I'll try it again tomorrow 😄

@Balu010 No, the smoke is Alphas' position on the very top of the clearing. Alpha is hiding between the trees. The enemy group already on the clearing is also moving towards the smoke. They are only 100 or 200 feet away and getting closer.  Give them some rockets, and your Doorgunners will do the rest. Simply circling over that clearing. 
Your gunners may decide from time to time to shoot on enemies far away.(Stupid AI) Ignore that and get closer to your main target.

Edited by CHPL

Always happy landings ;)

Trying to build for the most realstic simulation also possible realistic but still playable for all campaigns.
It is not only about the control of the helicopter, but especially about the surrounding. Understanding the situation and the overview of the situation.  Players learn not only to shoot but also a realistic approach. To act like a pilot and not like John Mc Lane in the Nakanomi Tower.

Interest in joint training and missions.
Then visit us at DISCORD https://discord.gg/aqwzv2P or directly at Team Speak IP 207.180.224.31 far down in the Helicopter free flight channel.
I will be back on monday.

Have fun with mission 11

Always happy landings ;)

On 10/11/2021 at 9:23 PM, CHPL said:

I Will test it again tomorrow. The last update already improved the time margin. The mission ends or crashes at that moment?

@nguludi Hey Miki,
Du, you still have the same issue, or you mad it?

Hi CHPL, its been a while but I managed to get through this mission in the end? I think it was a matter of making the turn into the valley at the right point. ... I love your campaign, this makes the sim worthwhile in single player mode! I have got stuck on mission 11 though... its tough, and takes too long, haha

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, first of all I have to say, I love the Spring 2025 campaign, very well done.👍

Unfortunately, I currently have a problem with Mission 10. The problem is that after flying into the first valley (when radio contact with eagle eye), the game usually starts to stutter heavily and becomes unplayable. Strangely, I was able to fly to the "unfriendly" one other time, but without any problems, until they shot me down.😅

Maybe there is a solution to this problem

thanks

Mark

@Mark V Hello Mark

I had the same experience from time to time in DCS. I am sure it is not mission-related, but more a core issue, where video memory or other things get out of control.
Give it a second chance, DCS is constantly in a development state, not only to fix problems but also to be state of the art, so strange things happen from time to time.

With one exception, the unfriendly uses only small arms weapons (AK44) while you have rockets and a more significant caliber with a more extended range.  Use this advantage and don't get too close while being focused on the group close to alpha and ignoring the ones closing up but still no danger to our boys. :gun_smilie:

Always happy landings ;)