From Newsletter... Crew or Paratrooper?

pepin1234

about 3D models From the last newsletter 

3D Unit Modelling (digitalcombatsimulator.com)

They are talking about crew, but they are showing a paratrooper instead. they are planning paratroopers implementation? That sound really cool and honestly they are needed.

I cant accept a battlefield without infantry. they are terrifying in real life. we are not getting that in our game. Mission designers just don't add infantries and take care of 3D models is good news. 

I would like they tell us more about what is next, or what is planned to try give a new life to infantries? I am not asking for a first person simulator, just thinking in a practical implementation into our Sim without kill game performance and add enjoyability with real life simulation in this regard.  

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looks like a paratrooper to me, the only thing I'm a little confused about is the models teased are a lot more modern than any module we have (especially Russian/REDFOR). 

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

20 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Looks like a paratrooper to me, the only thing I'm a little confused about is the models teased are a lot more modern than any module we have (especially Russian/REDFOR). 

is obvious they want to make some Syria operation from now days. At this point they should make a similar job for a mixed Syrian/Iranian soldier or Israeli new model. At least they are working on that. I expect a little bit beyond a 3D model only. the Syria map now days war is mostly infantry.   

Edited by pepin1234
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They are introducing a lot of choppers this year, and as we all know ...choppers do mangle with infantry a LOT. Pretty sure they see that clearly. I am personally waiting for ED to make some announcement about that this year. Crossing my fingers....

These units would catapult the custom missions quality.

ED if you do so add infantry, please add few civilian models as well. Would be nice to be able to defend civilian units or create some humanitarian aid missions.

On 5/22/2021 at 1:54 PM, Gierasimov said:

Reddit question about para ops-

airborne infantry coming to DCS

Screenshot_20210522-135124_Reddit.jpg

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg