Passengers in the helicopter update?

ebabil

In the Wags' last video of mi-24p, he says that "hind also has a compartment up to 8 passengers. This functionality will come later with development as part of a larger update of the DCS World."

I know it was mentioned in the mi-24p video but it sounded like a general update more than only for the hind update to me. 

Watch it from 01:25

Edited by ebabil
  • Like 4

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I tweaked on that as well.

At the time I took it to mean the ability to ferry troops and/or extended multi-crew. The implication was that there were new features coming. Did I read somewhere that ED is planning on extending/adding to CA, group troops, playable characters? Are we reading too much from Matt's reading of a script?

Like all things ED/DCS, we won't know till we know.

• Like 4

I sure hope for proper airborne assault operations, for example deploying troops from Hind, with those soldiers acting like they should upon deployment. So that would be the core game functionality (soldiers, animations, AI) rather than module specific feature. 

Hence it would fit within "This functionality will come later in its development as part of a larger update to DCS World."

Now, it would benefit Hind specifically, obviously not for Apache, but being part of DCS rather than Hind, makes it easier for ED to finalize Early Access of Hind, without us complaining about a feature that got axed due to lack of time or resources on ED's part. 

Assuming that the said functionality would come much later than Hind's end of EA phase. 

• Like 4

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

It’s nothing new. Dropping off troops is already a feature of some helicopters and is popular in a few multiplayer servers.  The HIND just continues that theme.

I would like to have the ability to rescue downed pilots now that they show up on the map!

• Like 1

Yeah, I'd at least love to be able to see troops in the back (even if they just teleport inside and outside, so long as the doors are open), as well as to load infantry into whatever's transporting them inside the mission editor (so it spawns with them already embarked).

Hopefully we can also have realistic constraints (even if optional) in the mission editor, so we can only carry a realistic amount of stuff (so constraints based on how many seats there are, as well as volume and weight for things like mortars and other man portable equipment).

4 minutes ago, Dr_Watson said:

It’s nothing new. Dropping off troops is already a feature of some helicopters and is popular in a few multiplayer servers.  The HIND just continues that theme.

I would like to have the ability to rescue downed pilots now that they show up on the map!

True, but it does leave a fair bit to be desired. And if this is supposed to be as part of a larger update, I'd expect it to be more than what we have currently.

And I'd love (C)SAR capability, especially given that the Mi-8 has a rescue hoist mounted on the left side door (just its completely non-functional eye candy), it would also be useful if we ever got fast-rope functionality.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

28 minutes ago, Dr_Watson said:

I did rescue downed pilots many times on some MP servers. 

I want to see troops in the cabin like in arma series. And more pilot, copilot animations would be great. 

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5