Default Head Position in VR

schurem
Go to solution Solved by MAXsenna,

Hi, I am having a problem with the default head position in the Sabre. When looking at the external view, the read head rest should be about as high as the pilot's head. However, if you turn around in VR, you will found you look up at the headrest by default. It's like the default position is for a child, or slumped down pilot. I see how it makes sense in 2D as it keeps the gunsight in view, but for VR it's beyond annoying.

Is there a work-around I could apply, say a file I could edit that contains the coordinates of the default head position?

• Like 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

• Solution
Hi, I am having a problem with the default head position in the Sabre. When looking at the external view, the read head rest should be about as high as the pilot's head. However, if you turn around in VR, you will found you look up at the headrest by default. It's like the default position is for a child, or slumped down pilot. I see how it makes sense in 2D as it keeps the gunsight in view, but for VR it's beyond annoying.

Is there a work-around I could apply, say a file I could edit that contains the coordinates of the default head position?
On flight or on ramp? I don't use VR, but for the Sabre Special menu, there's a setting for raised seat depending on how the landing gear is positioned.
Apart from that, still don't know if this works in VR, you kan manipulate your headposition using the numpad keys together with RCtrl+RShft.
Save with RCtrl+RShft+Num0
Don't know if this helps, test in 2D first.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Haha when you turn on pilot body it's immediately obvious how borked the default head position is. And, following that, that something is severely off about the gunsight's orientation. 

Edited by schurem
  • Like 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

In user\Saved Games\DCS\Config\View\SnapViews.lua

you can adjust the default View position in every axis and angle.

I only use pancake, but it should work in VR, too.

Refer to this thread for details if you want to:

Edited by Hiob

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

• 3 months later...