Southern Israel/Gaza

CheckGear

In light of recent events, any chance the map will be expanded to include the above-entitled area?

Also, is there any gouge on upcoming SP missions and campaigns? Was really hoping for some hypothetical Israel-Hezbollah material, instead of the same old Russia-related stuff.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not going to hold my breath on expansion . And I don't  see a lot of need honestly,  gaza is a tiny strip of land densely built up. 

As for south Lebanon I am working with veteran group to establish IDF and SLA outposts from the late 90,s era on DCS map. I collected  a writeups on several clashes that happened, (its going to be lots of fun when Apache helo is released)

but I don't  have experience  building missions. I can cooperate with any experienced  mission builder on this if there is an interest 

• Like 5

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Could someone please direct me to, or post an image of the entire Syria map from maybe the Mission Editor? Just getting back into DCS and considering this purchase but want to know how extensive it is geographically.

Thanks, 

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

I don't have that pic at hand right now, but Syria is the biggest map currently available in DCS, and it's getting even bigger in the foreseeable future with Cyprus and some 15 more airbases.

Edit before finishing writing, found this in a quick google search 😛

Screen_201128_073751.png

S!

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I see the need for Southern Israel and northeastern Egypt, up some 20 km off west of Cairo, where an important part of the wars of 1948, 56, 67 and 73 took place too.

Edit: Added image

Northeastern_Egypt_southern_Israel.JPG

Edited by Leviathan667
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really want to have Israel campaigns of all operations, a lot of them are in the South. I'm trying to recreate the ones that fit on the current map from Jane's IAF now but the AI are dumbasses and demotivating. I am now sucked into rather playing Jane's IAF again 😆 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

1. Syria extend to the sound up to Cairo and full Jordania

2. Persian Gulf extend to Kuwait and Basora

3. Normandy extend to london and Paris (this seems to happen in future)

4. Cacasus extend to Crimea

A dream.

25 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

1. Syria extend to the sound up to Cairo and full Jordania

2. Persian Gulf extend to Kuwait and Basora

3. Normandy extend to london and Paris (this seems to happen in future)

4. Cacasus extend to Crimea

A dream.

1. By Ugra Media, has none plans actually to continue expand to the South. Cairo and Full Jordania has out to Scope of actual Syria map.
  2. ED has talk from some years ago they dont have any plans to expand the PG map. Actually has feature complete. That zones has more plausible to see on a future map.
  3. Normandy by the 2022 and Beyond video. The expansions to London and Paris has been confirmed by Ugra Media.
  4. Krimea, Ukrania and some Caucasus regions has a "political problem" from 2004, confirmed by ED. Actually they dont like convert on "external agents" on Russia and has none plans to make anything as a expansion.

Edited by Silver_Dragon

You can use the Sinai, Egypt, Jordan map along with the Syria to go all the way back to 1948, 6 Day War, Yom Kippur, just about all the Arab/Israeli conflicts to date.  Only problem is the Syria map is all modern, (cities) so it can't be used for anything except current day scenarios. Shame!...

• Like 1

Sempre Fortis

2 hours ago, Silver_Dragon said:
  1. By Ugra Media, has none plans actually to continue expand to the South. Cairo and Full Jordania has out to Scope of actual Syria map.
  2. ED has talk from some years ago they dont have any plans to expand the PG map. Actually has feature complete. That zones has more plausible to see on a future map.
  3. Normandy by the 2022 and Beyond video. The expansions to London and Paris has been confirmed by Ugra Media.
  4. Krimea, Ukrania and some Caucasus regions has a "political problem" from 2004, confirmed by ED. Actually they dont like convert on "external agents" on Russia and has none plans to make anything as a expansion.

I know I know.. but that is the reason it is called a "wish" list