Mirage 2000C status update 05/2021

myHelljumper

1 hour ago, TLTeo said:

hopefully the Farmer and Harrier will also receive similar roadmap posts.

But they won't as they don't benefit from active armed force maintenance contracts like the Mirage does.

• Like 1

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL

43 minutes ago, schurem said:

But they won't as they don't benefit from active armed force maintenance contracts like the Mirage does.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure making a post like this does not require military-grade funding. I guess we'll see.

On 5/24/2021 at 6:48 PM, myHelljumper said:

VTH
All the air-to-ground symbology on the VTH has also been reworked: AG guns, rockets, CCPL, CCPL PI, CCPI and CCPI PI. Most notable is the CCPI (CCIP) symbology. All delivery modes now have a greater accuracy for allprofiles and weapons.
For CCPI delivery, the weapon employment domain symbology has been added. This symbology guides the aircraft into the optimum domain of employment for the selected weapon.

The air-to-ground ranging mode for the radar (TAS) has also been updated. The radar beam is now simulated with multiple returns for the radar to choose from. This means that attacking a target on top of a ridge using TAS might be impossible.

So does that mean that the release calculations are not perfect, but are using the proper calculations for the aircraft altitude over target?

As this is still the reason why example DMT in Harrier is superior to radar variant and Hornets when it comes to bombing accuracy as the ARBS system does it more accurately that radar can't do.

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

3 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

So does that mean that the release calculations are not perfect, but are using the proper calculations for the aircraft altitude over target?

As this is still the reason why example DMT in Harrier is superior to radar variant and Hornets when it comes to bombing accuracy as the ARBS system does it more accurately that radar can't do.

Pretty much yes, radars are not very good at estimating slant range due to their big beam angle.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

14 hours ago, myHelljumper said:

Pretty much yes, radars are not very good at estimating slant range due to their big beam angle.

Can you minimize this effect with steeper dive angles for things like radar updates and designations for CCRP? Forget what the French acronym is for CCRP, but the mode you get when using standard Mk82's.

28 minutes ago, LastRifleRound said:

Can you minimize this effect with steeper dive angles for things like radar updates and designations for CCRP? Forget what the French acronym is for CCRP, but the mode you get when using standard Mk82's.

The TAS is done in a realistic manner, no simplification will be done to this system.

By design the TAS is more precise when using a steep angle, other ways to improve precision are: 

- Stabilize the designation symbol for 1 second before pressing the designation button.

- Designate on even terrain.

- Be sure that there is only one plane in the radar field of view, no hill or mountain tops.

- Don't designate on water, or at a very steep angle. Alternatively, the RS can used to attack targets on water.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

1 hour ago, myHelljumper said:

The TAS is done in a realistic manner, no simplification will be done to this system.

By design the TAS is more precise when using a steep angle, other ways to improve precision are: 

- Stabilize the designation symbol for 1 second before pressing the designation button.

- Designate on even terrain.

- Be sure that there is only one plane in the radar field of view, no hill or mountain tops.

- Don't designate on water, or at a very steep angle. Alternatively, the RS can used to attack targets on water.

outstanding

I love it ! Thanks again to take care of this module and make it closer and closer from realism 🙂

I can say that i surely don't use it as it full capability. But only knowing this Mirage get closer at every update to the real plane is such a beautifull feeling. And it stay so great to learn more with this module.

• Like 1

I was very happy with this update! Mainly about the new sound package. Thank you Razbam for the excellent work and effort you are putting into your modules!

• Like 2

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Just saw this status update and I love it! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg