Mirage 2000C status update 05/2021

myHelljumper

1 hour ago, Hodo said:

But it looked like it was tracking to many targets and updating them as the radar got a return and dropping the previous sweep.  

The "♦" IFF replies are displayed for 1 full scan i.e. a 4 bar scan might display x4 "♦" replies from a single friendly contact (as it's been swept/interrogated x4 - so replied x4) before the VTB's IFF replies age out (drop).

Switching to a 2 bar scan and scanning the same friendly, we get x2 "♦" replies.

fUr0GXe.jpg

A 1 bar scan would display x1 "♦" IFF for each replying aircraft before the "♦" IFF start aging.

I don't recall the dev's being asked about a display limit, think we were all too busy guessing at what we were looking at.

*** It's important to note ALL OF THIS IS EARLY WIP AND MAY CHANGE BEFORE WE EVER GET OUR HANDS ON IT ***

Edited by Ramsay
Add "subject to change" disclaimer
  • Like 3

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

You are correct Ramsay.

The new radar system will be very detailed and realistic.

In 4 bar and 2 bar search the bars overlap each others, meaning that a single aircraft can be displayed as two contact. If can even be 3 contacts if it's a very big aircraft very close, this is due to the radar beam being 3° for the high energy zone, but the low energy zone is bigger than that.

The IFF returns comes from a secondary IFF antenna that is on the main antenna, meaning it has the same orientation as the radar at all time. The IFF antenna aperture is around 10°, this means that at any time the IFF antenna has the whole scan area in its field of view. So one friendly can give up to 4 IFF contact.

SME said that the 4bar/60° picture with the RDI was hard to read and that the WIP shots were close to the real radar.

Edit: IIRC the display limit is 16 contacts per bar, so 64 in 4 bar search.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 3

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

On 6/11/2021 at 10:46 AM, myHelljumper said:

Edit: IIRC the display limit is 16 contacts per bar, so 64 in 4 bar search.

Is there any memory function? Or does the contacts get cleared when new picture is started to be built?

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

1 minute ago, Fri13 said:

Is there any memory function? Or does the contacts get cleared when new picture is started to be built?

From what I know, the contacts are displayed for exactly one pattern duration. I'm not sure if a memory function exists yet, I'll ask :).

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

28 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

From what I know, the contacts are displayed for exactly one pattern duration. I'm not sure if a memory function exists yet, I'll ask :).

IMHO it is odd (and could very well be reason for being difficult to read) that if you have example 4 bar scan going in 4th bar and it detects something, then it will be drawn on the screen only for that period when that last bar is shown and cleared away once the next pattern (1-4 again) is completed. 

3 minutes ago, Fri13 said:

IMHO it is odd (and could very well be reason for being difficult to read) that if you have example 4 bar scan going in 4th bar and it detects something, then it will be drawn on the screen only for that period when that last bar is shown and cleared away once the next pattern (1-4 again) is completed. 

No, I did not explain correctly.

The contacts are shown for the the absolute duration of one search pattern, I think a search pattern in 4bar/60° lasts 4.8 seconds, this means that the contact will be displayed for precisely 4.8 seconds.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

55 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

No, I did not explain correctly.

Error is on my behalf....

55 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

The contacts are shown for the the absolute duration of one search pattern, I think a search pattern in 4bar/60° lasts 4.8 seconds, this means that the contact will be displayed for precisely 4.8 seconds.

Okay.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone less noticed that smoke pods now seem to G limit the aircraft (even with elastic override) to about 7.6G?

And can't jettison the smoke pods either..

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs