Bell 47 Flyable Helicopter

DOWLNLOAD HERE

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NAMFRlymx3YU1TcjCMy0hrvLSMPkxcfc/view

Presenting,

Upuart's and nibbylot's

Bell-47

Original Model and Spray and stretcher code, upuart.

FM, Mod structure and EFM code nibblylot.

Gunner model Andy Woodhead
https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/us-marine-vietnam-1960s-free-download-7309cd1015bb4a70aeeb1aa64c32f0e8

Conversion by FreddyStoned and Hawkeye60

Thanks go out to upuart and nibblylot for their work and permissions.

Have fun!

Cheers!

Bell47 Cold Start Procedure

1. Power Selector Switch for battery (B) or ground power (LCTRL+B).
2. Hold Starter Switch (Home) until RPM is above 13%.
3. Push Thottle Idle cutoff (End) to allow fuel flow to start and continue holding Starter Switch until RPM reaches 58+%.
4. Turn on Generator and Inverter Switches or the battery will not charge.
5. Increase RPM to 100% by turning throttle (Page Up) or down (PageDown).
6. Do not keep RPM above 105% for prolonged periods, this will cause engine overheating.

N: Toggle Night Vision Goggles
LALT+L: Flashlight

1: Pilot Seat
2: Copilot Seat

Gunner is NOT selectable.
THE BELL47 CANNOT LAND ON WATER. The Floats are for display only.

To fire using the gunner, you must click the "Cleared To Fire" switch.
Gunner will fire where the pilot is looking (within his arc of fire).

bell 1.jpg

bell 2.jpg

bell 3.jpg

Edited by Dweeeeb
update
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Questions: so this is an EFM? And Do I need another copter to fly this?

Fact: yes, the download link is broken.

Edit: I watched GR’s video and the comments mentioned it may have been taken down…

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

According to GR, it is downloadable again! See this

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

The link I posted seems like a different mod. Sorry.

@Dweeeeb please fix. Thanks. 

Edited by VFGiPJP

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

The question now is, how do I fly this thing? Any tutorial?

Ok I downloaded now I have other problem It seems that the cyclic animation on the pitch axis is reversed the heli flies normal though anyone knows what causes that? Please fix!

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's

Also great flight model in my opinion better than dcs own huey, as it realistically represents right rudder pedal need in higher speeds which Huey doesnt. It also feels more predictable to hover.

Obsessed with FM's

• 7 months later...

Hi Dweeb, I'm not getting any sound with my Bell-47.

I asked Hawkeye and he suggested trying your latest version, but no joy.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 3/21/2022 at 12:41 AM, rayrayblues said:

Hi Dweeb, I'm not getting any sound with my Bell-47.

I asked Hawkeye and he suggested trying your latest version, but no joy.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

Hi................... rayray.............. um..... I have just tested the Bell47 with latest version DCS beta....... sounds all work fine......... dont know what to suggest to you.... perhaps a conflict with another mod??..... are you getting any error messages in the log file? that relate to the Bell mod?.......

Edited by Dweeeeb

3 hours ago, Dweeeeb said:

are you getting any error messages in the log file?

Now I'm really confused.  q4fEPdv.png

I took out two mods that I recently installed, The Mods Helicopter Series JSGME 2.7.10

and the UH-60L. The sound came back, yay. I put the mods back in one at a time and the problem never returned.

All mods are working and the Bell-47 sounds are back.

I do have one other question though, Is it possible to change the "Rotor" sound to the "HelicopterFan" sound?

That one is more accurate to the a way Bell-47 is supposed to sound. It's the sound I remember from my youth

living near the Sun Helicopters Base in Miami, Fla. in the 60's. (yes I'm old) I used to watch them take off, fly over and land all day.

It is also the sound from countless TV shows and movies including M*A*S*H. Take a quick listen to the files.

The one named "Rotor" does not sound like a Bell-47 at all. The one named "HelicopterFan" does.

Thank you in advance

p.s. Thanks also for fixing the WWl mod. I missed it while it was gone.

Helo sounds.zip

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Okily dokily...... rather than uploading the whole mod.... just swap out this file (below attached)..... it should go here:

C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\Bell-47 V6\Sounds\sdef

This Bell47 mod is heavily based on Nibbylots AH6 mod....in fact almost identical...... it was my first helo, and I cant really take much credit for it..... Hawkeye pretty much cajoled me into doing it...... but worked out nice in the end..... If I was to do it again (which I am not going to!!)... I would change quite a lot now with more experience.....

thanx for the help..... 😀.... hope you like the ww1 mod...... a lot of work involved....!!!

PS.... I too am getting to that time of life......

Rotor.sdef

Edited by Dweeeeb

7 hours ago, Dweeeeb said:

Okily dokily...... rather than uploading the whole mod.... just swap out this file (below attached)..... it should go here:

C:\Users\xxxxx\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\Bell-47 V6\Sounds\sdef

This Bell47 mod is heavily based on Nibbylots AH6 mod....in fact almost identical...... it was my first helo, and I cant really take much credit for it..... Hawkeye pretty much cajoled me into doing it...... but worked out nice in the end..... If I was to do it again (which I am not going to!!)... I would change quite a lot now with more experience.....

thanx for the help..... 😀.... hope you like the ww1 mod...... a lot of work involved....!!!

PS.... I too am getting to that time of life......

Rotor.sdef 94 B · 11 downloads

I hate to keep bugging you, but the new .sdef file doesn't work. I still have the same rotor sound. I replaced it in the .sdef folder like you said. No change.

Is there something I'm missing? Do I have to change anything with the AH-6J?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

@Dweeeeb

Hey Buddy, I got it sorted out.

It seems that there was a copy of the mod in my Tech Folder. Now how in the f**k did that get there??  It was keeping me from making any changes.

As soon as I deleted it, the HelicopterFan sound came through. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Now, maybe someday ED will implement water ditching and landings so that I can use the floats and also fly my WWI Felixstowe properly.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

Use this for the floats version.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

59 minutes ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Use this for the floats version.

Does it work with the Bell-47 floats? If so, how do I implement it?

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

Just place the "tender" upon the ocean.

Any carrier capable aircraft can then use it!

For a bit more variety, and fun,

Add this to the mix!

There is a version in the thread with ALL the aircraft included!

If the Bell will not spawn upon the "tender", It is a easy fix.

Cheers!

Let me know if this gets the skids wet!😆

5 hours ago, Hawkeye60 said:

Let me know if this gets the skids wet!😆

Not quite. Is there any way to get rid of the warning notices?

Here I am using the invisible carrier.

P.S   I can't place the invisible carrier on lakes.

Project1.jpg

Edited by rayrayblues
additional info

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 2:42 AM, rayrayblues said:

Not quite. Is there any way to get rid of the warning notices?

if you wanto get rid of the warning message, just swap out the seafloats.lua file with attached

C:\Users\XXXX\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft\noentry\Choppas\Bell-47 V6\Cockpit\Scripts\Systems\Seafloats.lua

Seafloats.lua