NS430 in the Hind?

BaD CrC

Is there even enough space for the NS430?

I am glad it has at least a analog moving map.

wishlist: HH-60G Pave Hawk, MH-60R Sea Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, NH90, Super (Sea) Lynx / Mk.88, ME: A placeable animated LSE/marshaller for individual created FARPs

looking forward to: A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, BO-105 PAH1A1, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-4E Phantom II, F4U-1D Corsair, OH-58D Kiowa, Tornado

Apache beware of the Sikorsky Armed Black Hawk!

They didn't even do that for uh1 which is perfectly suitable and has a space

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

3 hours ago, ojanim said:

Is there even enough space for the NS430?

Yes, there's lots of free space once you remove the map box :lol:

This Mi-24 has a Garmin GPS 155XL TSO and Tactical Radio? fitted where the doppler map box once was ...

Vnt5yoY.jpg

https://youtu.be/2kC3tWzwD_A?t=146

... not sure who the operator is.

I wouldn't mind an older Garmin option like this in the DCS Mi-24 or UH-1 but only if it functioned correctly.

Garmin GPS 155XL TSO, 1107553.jpg

The current NS430 is little more than a toy and IMHO would spoil a high fidelity DCS Mi-24 if fitted as standard, so should be left as a 2D popup (unless ED ever bring the NS430 up to standard)

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

25 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

Yes, there's lots of free space once you remove the map box :lol:

This Mi-24 has a Garmin GPS 155XL TSO and Tactical Radio? fitted where the doppler map box once was ...

Vnt5yoY.jpg

https://youtu.be/2kC3tWzwD_A?t=146

... not sure who the operator is.

I wouldn't mind an older Garmin option like this in the DCS Mi-24 or UH-1 but only if it functioned correctly.

Garmin GPS 155XL TSO, 1107553.jpg

The current NS430 is little more than a toy and IMHO would spoil a high fidelity DCS Mi-24 if fitted as standard, so should be left as a 2D popup (unless ED ever bring the NS430 up to standard)

I guess it would really hurt to replace the beautiful map box.
I heard it was not that accurate, but I hope it will be very fun to use.

• Like 2

wishlist: HH-60G Pave Hawk, MH-60R Sea Hawk, UH-60L Black Hawk, NH90, Super (Sea) Lynx / Mk.88, ME: A placeable animated LSE/marshaller for individual created FARPs

looking forward to: A-6E Intruder, A-7E Corsair II, BO-105 PAH1A1, C-130J, CH-47F Chinook, Eurofighter Typhoon, F-4E Phantom II, F4U-1D Corsair, OH-58D Kiowa, Tornado

Apache beware of the Sikorsky Armed Black Hawk!

On 5/25/2021 at 1:38 AM, ojanim said:

I guess it would really hurt to replace the beautiful map box.
I heard it was not that accurate, but I hope it will be very fun to use.

It is at most as accurate as the Doppler Navigation System is, and its main inaccuracy is the map scale and the helicopter position marker stamp.

But the best thing is that you have no problems to synchronize its to your position if you see it is inaccurate, as long you just can see somewhat outside. 

Like if you fly 100 meters on the right side of the river but map shows you fly at the left side of river (1 mm in the 1:250000 map is 200 meters) then you don't care about such error.

If it shows you fly 1 km off from the location, you just roll the dial slightly to reposition it for your position. 

You don't use map to navigate under 1 km distances as you are suppose to be visually at that moment. You use it to know that are you on right canyon or that 5 km from your left there is a river and 10 km ahead is the wanted town.

That is why I don't care about the NS430 not to be implemented in the Mi-24P as you have so amazing map to start.

A digital moving map like ABRIS in the KA-50 is fancy and very nice as it is tied to your weapons system and how you designate targets or you see your flight members on it.

A digital moving map in a Hornet or Harrier is... Let's say questionable.

And I adore the digital moving map in the Harrier. Not so much in the Hornet as it is not so well designed cockpit for ground attack like Harrier is.

But in Harrier the map is anyways incorrectly implemented, but what it has, it is very nice how the system is integrated for weapons. The navigation part in it is as usable as in Hornet, you get your waypoint and you get to fly there. But when you fire gun, rockets or you release bombs, the Harrier should designate the point and open up automatically the map for you on DDI that sensor you used, create the ground angle when you released weapons so you can see on map that what was your attack line and then assist you nicely back to it, requiring you to re-select sensor for attack etc. 

The paper map in the Mi-24 is not tied to weapons. So you don't simply care about it.

If there would be a digital map in Mi-24P that has no connection with the weapons, then it would be almost waste of time.

Maybe the nicest thing would be a automatic GPS assisted time calculation for next waypoint or so, but good pilot can perform that calculation quickly even in good ball park with the knowledge of the speed and distance. 

And I am waiting to have change to create own JPG files for the map boards, because then for mission I could write the leg information (speed, angle, altitude etc) as well draw troops locations, expected/assumed threats around etc. Like why not just use a pen to draw on that map that where everything is when you are planning mission?

NS430 can't provide anything as fancy there, and it can't survive from the GPS jamming... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...

Moving map with doppler sensor is better because it is less capable.

It's more fun since it is not so perfect, requiring some attention, observation of environment, corrections - actual things to do.

GPS would be perfectly accurate and you wouldn't have to do anything.

Edited by bies
  • Like 3

+1 for GNS430 as option.

• Like 1

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

I'd be in favour of having the option, but in its current state, I don't really care for it.

As for the map, I hope it's implemented with realistic limitations such as having to realign the indicator manually after switching to a different map and not having an unlimited supply of maps covering the entire game world available to you at all times. And custom images, we need custom images, those will be amazing for campaigns.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2021 at 9:30 AM, Razorback said:

Alexander as clearly announced that the NS430 will be not modeled in the Hind.

Interesting then there is a checkbox option for NS430 in the ME.

• Thanks 1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

5 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

I think that's for the pop-up window NS430 which you can open using LAlt+LShift+B

Rgr thanks

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

One way of implementing is by removing the map behind the moving doppler map and fitting the GPS in that space, there are many videos of such solutions being used IRL. Another way is simply placing the GPS somewhere on top of the dashboard, partly obstructing view, but at the cost of GPS navigation. Everything comes at a price. This would be especially nice if both cockpits could have such a GPS-system.

I might as well say, from the perspective of someone who exclusively flies in VR that a 3D model is infinitely better than a 2D pancake. I have never used the 2D GPS in DCS, however the 3D models in Mi8MTV2 and L-39C/ZA have been used in some more modern scenarios and are superb. I really hope that they revaluate this, as the 3D model already exists, it's "only" a matter of putting it in the cockpit. This would be absolutely amazing!

Edited by zerO_crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...