F-18 Radar bug, radar locks an invisible target around 90nm away when trying to lock a plane with LHAQ, HACQ or AACQ (target not jamming)

DarkCx3

Sometimes, when trying to lock with LHAQ mode, HACQ mode or AACQ mode in the F-18, the radar won't lock to the plane you're looking at/the plane the cursor is placed over, it will instead lock a target which doesn't exist a few degrees to either side, after a few seconds it will unlock him, it doesn't follow any pattern, it happens randomly, sometimes it happens the first time you lock a target, sometimes it happens the 7th, but it can reduce BVR performance.

The easiest way to recreate it is to try to lock a target using any of these previously mentioned modes in Hornet's radar, the bug is completely reproducible and I've had it happen a few times already.

I'm attaching the track where I reproduce the bug, in this case I'm only able to make it happen with AACQ and LHAQ modes, but in another mission it happened in HACQ too.

You can see that in one of the attempts it locks a target around 90nm away, then I zoom in and you can clearly see the enemy degrees away from the lock.

As a note I checked the MiG-23 wasn't using chaff, and I've had the same happen with other planes like a Fulcrum.

Also I'm attaching the .miz file so you can try and recreate it in the same environment as I did.

F-18 LHAQ bug.trk BVR for track file.miz

• Like 2

Sometimes, when trying to lock with LHAQ mode, HACQ mode or AACQ mode in the F-18, the radar won't lock to the plane you're looking at/the plane the cursor is placed over, it will instead lock a target which doesn't exist a few degrees to either side, after a few seconds it will unlock him, it doesn't follow any pattern, it happens randomly, sometimes it happens the first time you lock a target, sometimes it happens the 7th, but it can reduce BVR performance.

The easiest way to recreate it is to try to lock a target using any of these previously mentioned modes in Hornet's radar, the bug is completely reproducible and I've had it happen a few times already.

I'm attaching the track where I reproduce the bug, in this case I'm only able to make it happen with AACQ and LHAQ modes, but in another mission it happened in HACQ too.

You can see that in one of the attempts it locks a target around 90nm away, then I zoom in and you can clearly see the enemy degrees away from the lock.

As a note I checked the MiG-23 wasn't using chaff, and I've had the same happen with other planes like a Fulcrum.

Also I'm attaching the .miz file so you can try and recreate it in the same environment as I did.

F-18 LHAQ bug.trk BVR for track file.miz
Known bug already reported.
Edit: at least the ACM mode issue are, haven't heard of issues with AACQ yet.

Mobius708

even more crazy, was ready to taxi on the growling pvp today. I had set my parameters on the attk rdr in TWS page and just activating NWS for taxi, radar locked a track 99.9nm 90deg off my position hahaha... 

really weird radar behaviour these days...

Edited by VIXEN413

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

3 minutes ago, Drona said:

Devs pls note that range scale also changes to 160. It's really frustrating flying the Hornet like this. 

No issue there. With an STT the range scale would automatically be changed, it just shouldn't be STTing like this...