VR sudden FPS drop

Putting the headset on the table for a minute resets my fps, but it is not a fix, more a patch.

ED customer support could not fix it for me. 

I had less issues in the last stable version and I also suspect that custom skins make them problem occur more often, as I never have this issue in single player.

• 2 weeks later...

i saved a track after experiencing a FPS drop with the oculus quest 2. When viewing the track, the drop was not visible.

I did notice some issues in the dcs log:

2021-11-15 16:34:02.332 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'chromic_blur' not found. Asked from ''
2021-11-15 16:34:02.332 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'bd3-usk-a_spec' not found. Asked from ''
2021-11-15 16:34:02.332 ERROR_ONCE DX11BACKEND: texture 'bd4-ask-b_spec' not found. Asked from ''

2021-11-15 16:40:53.588 WARNING DX11BACKEND: alive vertex buffers: 1
2021-11-15 16:40:53.588 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `DX11VertexBuffer::buffersCount() == 0` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Renderer.cpp:122
2021-11-15 16:40:53.588 WARNING DX11BACKEND: alive index buffers: 1
2021-11-15 16:40:53.588 ERROR   DX11BACKEND: Failed assert `DX11IndexBuffer::buffersCount() == 0` at Projects\render\dx11backend_win8\Source\DX11Renderer.cpp:123

• 5 months later...

This is an annoying issue. I have been battling this problem for some time. Is there a remedy? I have tried numerous suggested fixes. Is it because of DX11? I keep hoping for some update that corrects it.

System Specs:

64GB Ram

Oculous Quest 2

3080 12GB

Edited by RepoManR6

Evolve Art Studio | https://creativevisions.art

10th Mountain Division - 1-87, TF Summit

2 hours ago, RepoManR6 said:

This is an annoying issue. I have been battling this problem for some time. Is there a remedy? I have tried numerous suggested fixes. Is it because of DX11? I keep hoping for some update that corrects it.

System Specs:

64GB Ram

Oculous Quest 2

3080 12GB

I had some DX11 crashes recently. Actually it seems that GeForce Experience did a bad job at updating the drivers.

I went to Nvidia website, selected the game ready drivers according to my system. During installation select “custom” then “clean installation”.
It will remove previous divers and install again from scratch. You will loose Nvidia control panel settings, so write it down before.

I hope this help.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

• 1 month later...

Any progress? Does the "power" in services.msc do the trick? I have this random fps loss too from 45 fps to under 20 with Quest 2.

Running Dcs with Ryzen 3600, Rtx 3070 and 32gb ram. Dcs is on M.2 drive on Win11

5 hours ago, Blinde said:

Any progress? Does the "power" in services.msc do the trick? I have this random fps loss too from 45 fps to under 20 with Quest 2.

Running Dcs with Ryzen 3600, Rtx 3070 and 32gb ram. Dcs is on M.2 drive on Win11

I think I've tried every possible fix known to man to solve this problem. The power trick did not work for me. Before the initial Apache update everything was working smoothly. From that point everything went south for me. I switched to open composite. That helped with overall performance but i still get the random slideshow that suddenly comes out of nowhere.

Edited by vCUJOv

Cujo_signature.png

I am having similar sudden HUGE fps drops that almost not recover, or sometimes take a while to recover. The FPS nosedive to 12/slideshow level.

When our group spawns an Apache, my FPS tanks. But that is not always the reason.

Am flying on our group's NTTR map and sometimes also get CPU-bound 2-msec messages while looking around with Open-XR FPS overlay switched on. 

I am also trying to see if I can find a tool that helps me diagnose and understand my FPS usage. Am not 100% sure it is DCS that is causing it. Maybe something else in the PC is messing things up for me. I have been tweaking a lot the last few weeks since I was also getting unexplained server disconnects, which got the ball rolling. 

Very curious if somebody found a working solution.

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 5 weeks later...

Hello everyone. I have Valve Index and Quest 2. With Valve Index i dont have the sudden frames loss, but with the Quest 2 i have it since i have started to use with DCS.

This happens to me ONLY in DCS, because i often play simracing simulators like iracing, Automobilista 2 or rFactor 2 and Quest 2 works fine but not in DCS.

I have noticed when i have this sudden loss of fps, that in Taks Administrator i have the GPU at 100% when low fps happens but when go below 100% i recover the normal fps

I can start a mission with Apache at 45 fps stable so my system can achieve this amount of fps,

Today i have disabled the Power service and tomorrow i will test extensively to see if works or not.

Bad news for me. I have tested with Power service disabled after restart and fps loss keep happened. Soon or later my GPU goes to 100% and start the fps loss and see how the GPU ram grows to the limit (8Gb RAM in RTX 2080 SUPER)

I dont know what its happening and dont know if i can solve this but how many of you have Quest 2 and NVidia

My specs are:

- AMD 5600X, 32 GB RAM, SSD, RTX 2080 SUPER

Could you post your specs to try to extract a pattern...i think this is happening with Q2

• 4 weeks later...
I have the same for some weeks in the apache now. 
After around 10 min of flight the fps drops dramatically. Only AMD 5 2600 and GTX 1660, but it is ok at the beginning. 
Quest 2?

Enviado desde mi ELE-L29 mediante Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem few year ago,

Playing offline was the solution (completely shutoff the network, unplugged). After some investigation it was the motherboard 'network optimisation' program that was causing trouble.

Also putting the pagefile on another drive (even if you have an ssd) could help.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same issue for months. Tried all tweaks and fixes out there and couldn't figure out what might've caused this random and sudden FPS drop. I thought it was DCS issue as it came to play right after the initial Apache update I also read that one of the causes might be ASUS Aura software I installed previously to turn off the RGB on my RTX. So I got rid of it but that didn't help. I got desperate and decided to reinstall windows. Before I did that i decided to find a possible tweak one last time. I found one of those "speed up your PC' videos on youtube where someone suggested using  bcuninstaller https://www.bcuninstaller.com/. Sure enough this thing found all kinds garbage of my PC including leftovers of the RGB software. I got rid of those and I'm happy to say, I haven't had a single hiccup for over a week now. Highly suggest you try it

Edited by vCUJOv
  • Thanks 1

Cujo_signature.png

On 9/20/2022 at 4:04 PM, vCUJOv said:

I had the same issue for months. Tried all tweaks and fixes out there and couldn't figure out what might've caused this random and sudden FPS drop. I thought it was DCS issue as it came to play right after the initial Apache update I also read that one of the causes might be ASUS Aura software I installed previously to turn off the RGB on my RTX. So I got rid of it but that didn't help. I got desperate and decided to reinstall windows. Before I did that i decided to find a possible tweak one last time. I found one of those "speed up your PC' videos on youtube where someone suggested using  bcuninstaller https://www.bcuninstaller.com/. Sure enough this thing found all kinds garbage of my PC including leftovers of the RGB software. I got rid of those and I'm happy to say, I haven't had a single hiccup for over a week now. Highly suggest you try it

Great! Will give it a try. Thanks

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

I believe my issue was related to or the same as this one. I already made a thread about how I fixed it.

I found that disconnecting my machine from the internet fixed the problem, but the only way I could fix it without being offline was reformatting windows. 

I also had this problem on an HTC Vive, so it's probably not quest related.