How awesome is this thing!

Willie Nelson

I just jumped in the Huey, revised the cold start procedure and setup up a night time ILS into Damascus runway 23R ILS in the soup. 

HOLY $#!+ this chopper is soooo good, especially in VR. 

I am a fixed wing pilot of some 25 years now but I’ve always wanted to have a go of the Huey ever since reading Chickehawk, now I can. It is so much fun to fly and although I’ve only ever had a pole of the real thing in cruise, it does feel extremely realistic. Well done team! 

• Like 5

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

It is good fun, isn't it? The Huey was the reason I got into DCS in the first place, though my virtual hanger has grown a bit since then. I still have more hours in it than any other aircraft so far though. 

• Like 2

Yeah mate it's fantastic, and still something I always end up coming back to whether I go to fighters or warbirds for a bit.

There's a great server for whirly-birds too, Search and Rescue and Search and Rescue - Syria. So come along and rescue some itinerant hikers and put out some fires! 

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

38 minutes ago, Grievo said:

Yeah mate it's fantastic, and still something I always end up coming back to whether I go to fighters or warbirds for a bit.

There's a great server for whirly-birds too, Search and Rescue and Search and Rescue - Syria. So come along and rescue some itinerant hikers and put out some fires! 

Could be good. I might take you up on that sometime. 

I really love the new instrument lighting, it was a bit naff before. Looks awesome now. I love steam gauges, I’m sick to death of glass cockpits. Too uninteresting. 

• Like 2

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

I realized how good the flight model is after I tried arma3 Vietnam hueys. 

• Like 2

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5