F16 status

Rmnsvn

3 hours ago, Mower said:

Sure alot of whining happening here.  I own this on EA.  I also own the Hornet and it needs to be finished FIRST (nearly there).

Congratulations. Who are you arguing against? Why are you in this subforum making nonsensical statements? Are you under the impression that anyone in this thread have ever propagated for the F-16 being given priority over the F-18? From the beginning of this thread people have been propagating for an end to the complete and utter neglect of the DCS F-16C module. That's it. And your whining about people whining isn't contributing to anything meaningful whatsoever.

• Like 1

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

7 hours ago, Xavven said:

Because calling it by name instead of using the term "that other sim" gets your post deleted. At least as of a few months ago mods were still doing that.

No longer the case, but true in the past, yes.

• Like 2

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

I just want Viper's FM be fixed. New weapons would be cool but I don't really care since I rarely do air to ground. BVR and dogfighting is my thing. 

Would be nice if ED can give us an estimated date of when they will fix the FM. I mean, DCS F-16 flies no way near the F-16 in the other sim. 

Oh, and G model as well. You need be able to pull 9G in the Viper instead of blacking out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Greg B said:

Nope, if you look at the last major weapons system for the Viper - Maverick. Expected April 2020, delivered August 2020. Its June 2021 and we have seen screenshots of the JDAM but nothing else. Look at the work on the Hornet through the Open Beta updates and the depth of implementation of systems and bug fixes, then look at the Viper. I'm not even going to bother posting a comparison list because the last time it was removed and the familiar explanation rolled out before the whole thread was culled:

And those major improvements are not really working. Mavericks have a load of problems. HARMs do. 

And they differ from existing implementations. The Mavericks and HARMs in the F-16 are more realistic than those on the other platforms. Why did they not build them that realistic in the first place? No idea.

Now JDAM seems to be delayed because the SPI system needs to be overhauled for the F-16. My questions is:

How does it need "overhauling"? It's brand new .. We had a big overhaul when we got the ability to create waypoints last year, which broke everything. We got another overhaul when the "real" LITENING pod came out and CZ was a thing now.

How can there be another need for a rework now? Why are things not build with some foresight?

---

As for the amount of developers, etc. Now we have been told there are developers working on the weapons for the F-16. But as Greg rightfully said, it has been almost a year .. no update to the Maverick in terms of bugs. No new weapons. I hope ED knows that we kind of expect JDAMS to work perfectly now, right? Even with all the options you can set on a JDAM this is a long time for essentially just something that the A-10 already has. Also .. why do we have the only plane where laser guided GBUs don't track for anyone but our own plane? Is this going to hit us with the JDAMs as well?

If you took one of the hornet developers and had them work on the F-16 one day per week. You can bet that you would have minor improvements. Bullseye on FCR and HSD cursor for example. Just low hanging fruits that would at least make the F-16 folks feel less than completely ignored.

I'm at a point where I am just waiting for VR in that other SIM and then I'm happy.

• Like 5

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• ED Team

Please keep the discussion on DCS and not other sims. 

thread cleaned

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 4 Stunden schrieb deadpool:

ow JDAM seems to be delayed because the SPI system needs to be overhauled for the F-16.

There is little to no point about adding JDAMs and similar munitions before you have an air to ground radar, because this is the major sensor for it. It goes STPT -> radar -> TGP with each sensor being slewable to the one on top of it. 

Having no radar, but the weapons behind it might mean that you have to rewrite parts of it. 

IMHO they should bring a mediocre AG radar with only GM mode (basically what the Viggen has) and then continue with integrating more weapons that rely on exactly that sensor. It makes everything more complicated if you want to integrate the radar later. 

• Like 1

On 5/26/2021 at 1:26 PM, BIGNEWY said:

The Viper team is very busy with weapons currently, and hornet team are preparing for early access to finish. Once that has happened pace will increase on viper work. When we are ready to share more news we will do. 

thanks for your patience during early access. 

Hi BN! 
Thanks for answer, was just wondering has the team switch already happened or needed a bit more time. 
Thanks for your work! 

21 hours ago, deadpool said:

Also .. why do we have the only plane where laser guided GBUs don't track for anyone but our own plane? Is this going to hit us with the JDAMs as well?

I guided a GBU-12 droped from a F-16 while I was on a tank (jtac), I saw the bomb hit the ground like 400ft away from the objective BUT the target was destroyed. My friend was watching the target from the TGP and he said the bomb went right on the top of the target. His tacview showed the bomb hit the target but mine didn't.

So it was a problem of network synchronization.

ED should fix this, its really bad for buddy lasing.

Edited by Ignition

1 minute ago, Ignition said:

I guided GBU-12 droped from a F-16 while I was on a tank (jtac), I saw the bomb hit the ground like 400ft away from the objective BUT the target was destroyed. My friend was watching the target from the TGP and he said the bomb went right on the top of the target. His tacview showed the bomb hit the target but mine didn't.

So it was a problem of network synchronization.

ED should fix this, its really bad for buddy lasing.

This has been an issue for months sadly, I am not sure where it's reported, but it doesn't really impair buddy lasing, even though it looks weird. You'll still destroy the targets, it's just that your bomb looks to fall weird to anyone but you.

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

On 5/31/2021 at 2:24 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Please keep the discussion on DCS and not other sims. 

thread cleaned

thanks

Why is that such a sensitive topic really? I never really understood that. It's rather obvious from a consumer perspective that we for natural reasons do compare and very much want DCS to be equally good or surpass it. In my book DCS has a lot going for it with the roadmap for this year and the renewed focus on DCS core we have started to see the last years, but give us a break. I understand you have no experience or interest in non ed products but competition and learning from others is what makes us exceed and become better. It's like any other piece of software, car, gadget.. products gets compared between each other, some are proclaimed winners, some are proclaimed losers and when something is lacking, we start asking questions and create our wishlists and keep pestering you to make it even more awesome. On top of that, since we are here, spending time, writing in these forums we are obviously very keen on having DCS as good as possible and want nothing more than to zip around in a perfect F-16 with all bells and whistles. I'd call that passion. Without it, these forums would be rather empty.

• Like 4

• ED Team
5 minutes ago, b0bl00i said:

Why is that such a sensitive topic really? I never really understood that. It's rather obvious from a consumer perspective that we for natural reasons do compare and very much want DCS to be equally good or surpass it. In my book DCS has a lot going for it with the roadmap for this year and the renewed focus on DCS core we have started to see the last years, but give us a break. I understand you have no experience or interest in non ed products but competition and learning from others is what makes us exceed and become better. It's like any other piece of software, car, gadget.. products gets compared between each other, some are proclaimed winners, some are proclaimed losers and when something is lacking, we start asking questions and create our wishlists and keep pestering you to make it even more awesome. On top of that, since we are here, spending time, writing in these forums we are obviously very keen on having DCS as good as possible and want nothing more than to zip around in a perfect F-16 with all bells and whistles. I'd call that passion. Without it, these forums would be rather empty.

Its our rules here, its that simple. We dont need to discuss other sims or compare, we are clear about what we are modelling and real life sources are what we look for. 

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
On 5/31/2021 at 11:43 PM, Rmnsvn said:

Hi BN! 
Thanks for answer, was just wondering has the team switch already happened or needed a bit more time. 
Thanks for your work! 

Hi,

sorry I overlooked your question, yes some of the hornet team have moved to the viper already. 

Thanks for the support

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Speaking of real life documents, the radar symbols are too small and the tws system to track file operation is wrong. You guys appear to be using the mlu manual, which are for the a/b and not the block 50 c model. There should be no switching of system to track files via tms right

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

vor 9 Stunden schrieb KenobiOrder:

Speaking of real life documents, the radar symbols are too small and the tws system to track file operation is wrong. You guys appear to be using the mlu manual, which are for the a/b and not the block 50 c model. There should be no switching of system to track files via tms right

Is there any manual for the Block50/52 available as a public source? All I know of is the F-16A MLU manual, I know of no other manual describing the operation and function of the Blk 50/52.
There is the HAF F-16 manual, but it describes the plane itself, but not HOTAS operation or avionics systems. Been looking for such a manual for quite some time but didn't find any.

1 hour ago, TobiasA said:

Block50/52 available as a public source?

yes, there is a HAF Block 50/52 -34. There are numerous differences. The only other public source of F-16 avionics employment is the 3 part MLU manual, but this is for A/B models with APG-66 being upgraded to MLU. In the block 50/52 C, there is no need to switch manually from system to track files. The manual doesnt even mention a difference in file types. TWS is entered simply from hitting TMS right, and it works like it does in the Eagle or Hornet in the sense that your in TWS and there is nothing more to do.

Edited by KenobiOrder
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, TobiasA said:

Is there any manual for the Block50/52 available as a public source? All I know of is the F-16A MLU manual, I know of no other manual describing the operation and function of the Blk 50/52.
There is the HAF F-16 manual, but it describes the plane itself, but not HOTAS operation or avionics systems. Been looking for such a manual for quite some time but didn't find any.

Yes. There is. There is one newer then what we have and one that i think ed uses it

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Like 1

Interesting. You should make separate thread about this to get ED attention.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

2 hours ago, KenobiOrder said:

yes, there is a HAF Block 50/52 -34. There are numerous differences. The only other public source of F-16 avionics employment is the 3 part MLU manual, but this is for A/B models with APG-66 being upgraded to MLU. In the block 50/52 C, there is no need to switch manually from system to track files. The manual doesnt even mention a difference in file types. TWS is entered simply from hitting TMS right, and it works like it does in the Eagle or Hornet in the sense that your in TWS and there is nothing more to do.

HAF=/= USAF back then there werent ccip. Your manual is also ancient. There is a big differance from 97'to 07'. 10 years of development.

5 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

HAF=/= USAF back then there werent ccip. Your manual is also ancient. There is a big differance from 97'to 07'. 10 years of development.

Yes but it's the correct radar, and I'm fairly certain they didn't downgrade certain aspects of the radar during ccip. The point is we donst have a 2007 block 50 manual and a a/b apg 66 isn't a correct either. So fundamentally things ar going to have to be spliced on a best guess basis. There is also alot of stuff described in the -34 that the mlu manuals don't have. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, KenobiOrder said:

Yes but it's the correct radar, and I'm fairly certain they didn't downgrade certain aspects of the radar during ccip. The point is we donst have a 2007 block 50 manual and a a/b apg 66 isn't a correct either. So fundamentally things ar going to have to be spliced on a best guess basis. There is also alot of stuff described in the -34 that the mlu manuals don't have. 

Yes its the same "radar" but its not the same interface,signal processing,components,etc aka version.

You dobt have the 2007 manual,dont assume what some of us in here have

8 hours ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

There is one newer then what we have and one that i think ed uses it

5 minutes ago, IkarusC42B Pilot said:

You dobt have the 2007 manual,dont assume what some of us in here have

You dont have anything, which is why you are speculating about what they are using and saying newer than "we" have. Everything they have put in the game so far is from the A/B MLU manuals which are the only publicly available manuals aside from the HAF -34. There are noticeable downgrades compared to the older block 50 functionality in the HAF manual.

• Like 1