AIM-120C and HARM to friendly SAM site in AA mode will be fired at once

Topper81
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

Steps to reproduce:

- Activate AA mode (AMRAAM)

- Lock on hostile aircraft with the radar

- Wait until the Patriot-Site is tracking the enemy as well (EWR Warining)

- Launch the AIM-120C

Observed: By pressing the trigger, both weapons (AIM-120C and HARM) will be released at once and the HARM.

Expected: Only one weapon should be released (I expect the AIM-120C as long I'm in AA mode)

harm_ff.trk

Edited by Topper81

• Topper81 changed the title to AIM-120C and HARM to friendly SAM site in AA mode will be fired at once
  • ED Team
  • Solution

Hi,

I can not reproduce, when I use the trigger it fires the AMRAAM, the HARM fires when you use the weapon release button.

can you check you dont have double inputs?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi ok that explained a bit thanks!

On my HOTAS I have

First detent = "Weapon Release Button"

Second detent = "Gun Trigger - SECOND DETENT"

So that explains why on launching the AMRAAM (on the second detent) the HARM will be launched at same time (Weapon Release Button).

I thought I bound it as it is in real but if it is bound correct I ask me how do they handle it in real (Launching AMRAAM only)?

Or does the Hornet stick has just one detent and WRB is another button?

Then the name of the Action might by wrong (if there is only one detent on the Hornet stick) or the key binding for FIRST DETEND is missing or I can't find it 😉

grafik.png

Edited by Topper81

Hi ok that explained a bit thanks!
On my HOTAS I have

First detent = "Weapon Release Button"
Second detent = "Gun Trigger - SECOND DETENT"

So that explains why on launching the AMRAAM (on the second detent) the HARM will be launched at same time (Weapon Release Button).
I thought I bound it as it is in real but if it is bound correct I ask me how do they handle it in real (Launching AMRAAM only)?
Or does the Hornet stick has just one detent and WRB is another button?

Then the name of the Action might by wrong (if there is only one detent on the Hornet stick) or the key binding for FIRST DETEND is missing or I can't find it

grafik.png.c6142504111513920393266eb6b11eda.png

The Trigger launches A2A missiles and fires the gun, while the Weapon Release Button (red button at the top of the stick, to be pressed with your thumb) launches/drops A2G munitions.

I have a question, were you locked by a SAM when this occurred? Was your HUD saying HARM?

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

6 minutes ago, Harker said:

The Trigger launches A2A missiles and fires the gun, while the Weapon Release Button (red button at the top of the stick, to be pressed with your thumb) launches/drops A2G munitions.

I have a question, were you locked by a SAM when this occurred? Was your HUD saying HARM?

Yes

Ok then it seems to be no bug thank you!

However I don't understand why the action is called "SECOND DETENT", is there also a "FIRST DETENT"?