best way to upload missions

Hi Folks,

so i setted up a dedicated Server yesterday for our Squad. I got everything working, gui, srs, lotatc, tacview..

I used login credentials from a free account i had laying around to provide it to our squad-lead / mission-builder. Everything is working fine.

I just want to know, whats the best way to actual upload the mission. I was thinking SFTP, to which the mission-builder can connect and then select the uploaded file in the gui. But i was wondering if there are any better alternatives to this. Im kinda scared to have a ftp exposed to the www (even though id use certs but still).

Thanks!

Main-Module: F-16C, AH-64D

Maps: Syria, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Caucasus, 1944 Normandy, NTTR

Hardware: VKB Gunfighter mk.2 Pro, WinWing Orion F16, VKB T-Rudder, HP Reverb G2

PC Specs: Intel 13900K, ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-5800 RAM, GeForce RTX 4090, Win 11x64

On 5/26/2021 at 1:41 PM, MarkP said:

Hi Folks,

so i setted up a dedicated Server yesterday for our Squad. I got everything working, gui, srs, lotatc, tacview..

I used login credentials from a free account i had laying around to provide it to our squad-lead / mission-builder. Everything is working fine.

I just want to know, whats the best way to actual upload the mission. I was thinking SFTP, to which the mission-builder can connect and then select the uploaded file in the gui. But i was wondering if there are any better alternatives to this. Im kinda scared to have a ftp exposed to the www (even though id use certs but still).

Thanks!

For our mission server we've a sftp jailed only to the mission folder, works fine since years.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!