VR Mouse options (Please visit and leave comments :) )

M1Combat

Also...  Please bump this thread when you do so more people can see it :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Sorry, this one is over my head.  What are you asking? (saying?)

Intel i9 10900K (OC to 5.3), 32 GB Fury 3200 MHz, GeFORCE RTX 2080 Ti (OC), NVMe KIOIXA 1.8 TB, Toshiba 1.8 TB (7200), Killer E3000 2.5 GB Ethernet, Realtek 7.1 Sound w/ Logitech 560, Alienware keyboard/mouse, HP Reverb 2, and Thrustmaster Warthog (FA-18C).  Use DCS 2.8 with no mods.

I posted that thread in the main wishlist thread...  It's for a change in how the mouse interacts with head movement in VR.

• Like 1

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

The main thread in the wishlist could use a bump if anyone is so inclined 🙂

I would much rather have them implement proper VR controller support. The laser pointer thing works so badly (or not at all) that I'd rather use the mouse (and I do). Just make it so that I can reach over and klick on things (or grab things) with my virtual hand. If ALYX can do it, more importantly if VR VTOL can do it (flawlessly I might add) and a million other games can do it, why can't Eagle Dynamics get this right? 

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

8 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I would much rather have them implement proper VR controller support. The laser pointer thing works so badly (or not at all) that I'd rather use the mouse (and I do). Just make it so that I can reach over and klick on things (or grab things) with my virtual hand. If ALYX can do it, more importantly if VR VTOL can do it (flawlessly I might add) and a million other games can do it, why can't Eagle Dynamics get this right? 

When the 2.7 got released, the laser pointer was gone. It was amazing to finally get it gone. But it was not intended change and people started to hate when they can't click things from otherside of cockpit without moving hand to close, so they returned forcefully the laser beams. Annoying thing....

They were closer back then to VTOL VR experience, while without fancy animations.

But really ED should get the virtual finger to be dynamic so that it points to closest button/switch like a magnet in tip of finger when getting closer to them.

It is requiring effort to make the range (how far from center of widget and finger straight position) and the effect proper (small smooth animation for finger movement instead "snap to it") so that it would be usable in challenging scenarios like UFC in A-10 or Hornet that has a lot of small buttons next to each others. In Hornet UFC I prefer to have stick finger with small movement but for A-10 I think I could take little more movement.

This said, ED has been supporting Oculus for long time, and they really should already have added support to hand tracking. Already not adding the Leap Motion device support years ago has been a mistake IMHO.

Back then that device costed 15-20€ (today about 100-120€ last time I checked, because company was sold to another) and it would had added real hand to cockpit for VR and for desktop players.

This VR mouse option is important as it is how example Touch Controllers work, you can place hand on proper position and look elsewhere and click when wanted without looking there.

So having "mouse cursor" separated from the camera movement is great feature. Think about being able to move mouse on gear lever and then concentrate for approach and just click mouse and cursor has not moved from its cockpit position. 

• Like 1

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...