A-10C and A-10C II Kneeboard Suite - Updated 20 October 2023

Thx @Minsky for that excellent stuff! I love your F/A-18C-Suite and am excited, that you released a version for the A-10C (II) in the same high level quality. 👍

• Like 1

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

7 hours ago, greyeagle787 said:

When I opened them inside the cockpit, they came out blurry and hard to read. I’m fairly new to DCS so is there some setting I should change to make them clearer?

I never encountered this issue, not even heard of it from others. Do you have other kneeboards (from other authors) that are also blurry?

Try changing the highlighted options and see if that helps. If not, then I'm out of ideas 😕 

Screenshot - Tue 24 Aug , 07_14_50.jpg

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

The weights of the AGM-65s on page 5 are completely off. D and H models weigh 485 lbs, and  G, K, and L models weigh 650 lbs.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Why would I want to know the weight of the warhead?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

But that's one of the reasons I wanted it 😏

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

• Minsky changed the title to A-10C and A-10C II Kneeboard Suite - Updated 06 September 2022
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Minsky changed the title to A-10C and A-10C II Kneeboard Suite - Updated 10 March 2023
  • 1 month later...

Thanks!! 

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Suggested edit: item 7 should be “fuel indicator - wing” (instead of main)

reason: after testing the indicator pilots set it to the wing position because the wing tanks drain first. They will keep it in that position so they can monitor that fuel is flowing correctly from both tanks and no imbalance is developing that could lead to trapped fuel and CG issues. Once both wing tanks are empty roughly around 6900lbs the pilot would make an inter-flight radio call “(flight position number)’s 6.9, wings dry” which initiates an ops check for the other flight members. Then they’d set the indicator switch to main and continue to monitor fuel draw.

15 hours ago, ASAP said:

after testing the indicator pilots set it to the wing position because the wing tanks drain first. They will keep it in that position so they can monitor that fuel is flowing correctly from both tanks and no imbalance is developing that could lead to trapped fuel and CG issues.

Interesting info, thanks. Could this be some local practice?

I mean, I'm not arguing with the logic, it's just that the published checklist says it should be set to MAIN after testing.

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

2 hours ago, Minsky said:

Interesting info, thanks. Could this be some local practice?

I mean, I'm not arguing with the logic, it's just that the published checklist says it should be set to MAIN after testing.

Nope, that’s fleet wide standard. The only mention the fuel quantity indicator gets in the real checklist is “fuel quantity - check”

The requirements for the “wings dry” call comes from other procedural guidance documents that applies to all A-10 ops. Also the pilot is required to monitor proper operation of the fuel system and it is not possible to do that sufficiently with the selector is set to main. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ASAP said:

The only mention the fuel quantity indicator gets in the real checklist is “fuel quantity - check”

Screenshot - 230417 16_23_42.png

Would be nice to see any published document that explicitly says to switch it to WING.

34 minutes ago, ASAP said:

The requirements for the “wings dry” call comes from other procedural guidance documents that applies to all A-10 ops.

Yeah, I found this explained in one of the AFIs.

Could it be that they switch it to MAIN during startup, and then to WING later?

• Like 1

Dima | My DCS uploads

8 hours ago, Minsky said:

Screenshot - 230417 16_23_42.png

Would be nice to see any published document that explicitly says to switch it to WING

What’s the date? These docs change over time. May be one’s more current than the other. 

but you can’t fulfill the requirements outlined in 11-2A10 if the switch is in MAIN. There’s also no good reason to be in that position because you won’t see the needles move until the wings are dry. 

8 hours ago, Minsky said:

Could it be that they switch it to MAIN during startup, and then to WING later?

Maybe but what would that get you other than less situational awareness of your fuel state? Especially if you’re on the ground with the APU running for during extended ground ops. The resulting fuel imbalance would only be apparent if looking at the wing tanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ASAP said:

What’s the date? These docs change over time. May be one’s more current than the other. 

but you can’t fulfill the requirements outlined in 11-2A10 if the switch is in MAIN. There’s also no good reason to be in that position because you won’t see the needles move until the wings are dry. 

Maybe but what would that get you other than less situational awareness of your fuel state? Especially if you’re on the ground with the APU running for during extended ground ops. The resulting fuel imbalance would only be apparent if looking at the wing tanks.

Would they even care about a wing tank imbalance?  AFAIK you could fly with one wing tank full and the other empty, the only prohibition is keeping the main tanks balanced to stay within CG limits, so it makes sense to keep the the fuel display on MAIN, with the TKS UNEQUAL warning light as a backup.

If you need to check the wing tanks when lead calls for an ops check, just flip it to WING and call 'wings dry' if they're empty.  It doesn't sound like the sort of thing to monitor continuously, unlike the main tank situation

Edited by jaylw314