Oculus Quest/Rift and OpenXR

Just updated the Oculus app for PC to V.30,  and find that in the "Beta" section, there is now an option to set Oculus as the active OpenXR runtime. I dunno if this would affect DCS as DCS does not support OpenXR for the time being.

Edited by VFGiPJP

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

• 1 year later...

Interesting, I cannot test right now, have to wait next week.
Could you see if openxr toolkit and maybe opencomposite works with oculus know?

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2021 at 5:43 AM, VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants said:

Just updated the Oculus app for PC to V.30,  and find that in the "Beta" section, there is now an option to set Oculus as the active OpenXR runtime. I dunno if this would affect DCS as DCS does not support OpenXR for the time being.

FYI

Yes Oculus has switched to OpenXR and is deprecating the Oculus proprietary engine.

The setting on Oculus is just so you can set Oculus as the default OpenXR in the case some other engine (say,WMR) "steals" the preference.