How to handle the mass of flyable modules on MP-Servers

b1n4ry

Hello guys!

So i was just sitting here and thinking about all the new Aircraft we will be getting in the future and had to ask myself:
How will the quantity of aircraft be handled on multiplayer servers?

At the moment, every Aircraft has to be placed on the airfield and made client flyable.

With increasing number of Air-frames, and i see this problem on some servers already, there is less and less space on an airfield to place all possible Air-frames a client might want to fly. 

My suggestion would be, to introduce a hollow "Client-Plane", which simply provides a Slot on the multiplayer server, which a player can enter and is then prompted to select a plane from a list of flyable airplanes. This list could be depended on modules installed and can influenced with a white-/blacklist by the Mission-designer.

This Problem might not be as critical right now, but surely will be in the future with 50+ flyable airplanes.

I searched around the forum, if something like this has already been suggested, but couldn't quite find anything.

Maybe there are other solutions, it's just a problem i think should be pointed out.

• Like 1

edbanner_new.png
AMD R5 3600 @ 4,5GHz, ASUS TUF RTX 3070 Ti, MSI Tomahawk B450 MAX, 32GB G.Skill Aegis DDR4-3200, Liquid Freezer II 280, Corsair HXi Series HX750i