Game Crashing on End Mission/Quit.

braedenLS

Just updated to the new open beta version, I am experiencing a crash to desktop every time I end a mission, instant action, or anything. I can fly the mission and everything just fine but when I end it or quit out, the game crashes to desktop. This is happening for all of the modules I tried it on. (Mig-21, FW190 A-8, F-15 C, F-16 C, F/A-18 C)

Yes, same here.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

are you guys running in 2D or VR? Because in VR I am getting constant crashes both with and without an overclocked GPU and in 2D, so far I haven't experienced any crashed both with and without an overclocked GPU.

Strange that 2D runs fine with GPU overclocking but VR causes a crash for me.

Anyways, my problems seem to be with the game in VR mode and not 2D so far based on my limited testing of the new patch

I do not have these active processes in Task Manager, in the "Details" tab.

igfxEM.exe
igfxCUIService.exe

I have been able to fix it; first entering the simulator without full screen. I have tried various missions and everything is fine. Then I left and re-entered the simulator with full screen, and everything has worked well for me, without crashes in closing missions.

It's all very weird

14 minutes ago, Frogfoot250 said:

...It's all very weird.

All of our issues with 2.7 have been very weird. If they hadn’t been going on for a month now, I’d blame it on the full moon. They seem to come and go any time you make a change. Then all is well for awhile. Then the problems are back

Edited by Ironhand

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I am not getting this crash in 2D or VR... But I am also not running in fullscreen either too...

EDIT: I just have experienced this crash now for myself when quitting a mission that was running for an extended period of time in VR.

Edited by Baz000

Crashing on exit from VR, for me.  Fxo and metashaders were deleted.

Edited by Irk26
spelling

Win 10 Pro | i7 990x @ 4.5GHz | 32GB/1600MHz RAM | GTX 1080Ti | 1TB System SSD | 500GB DCS SSD | Saitek X55 HOTAS | Saitek Pro Flight Yoke & Pedals | HTC Vive

I just now had a crash on quitting the mission to go back to the main menu, I was in VR and I had the game running for a long time... Log below

dcs.log

Also, when doing further testing I had more crashes when quitting missions... See video:

Edited by Baz000

I unchecked Fullscreen the  other day. Had no affect. I did update my nvidia drivers today but I've been experiencing constant crashes that got worse after the latest ED patch.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

It looks like... 

Any way. Today I switched On my comp, started DCS and... got a crash after ESC and quit (inspite the fact, that yesterday everythin was OK).

Well... I started DCS againe. Entered in Settings Menu and chenged a litle bit smth the simplest (like Preload Radius). OK and QUIT DCS.

I started DCS againe! And... No crashes at all.

Will I enjoy the crash absence until reboot comp or Mercury/ Mars/ Luna set in new position - have no idea, but it works locally.

P.S. Honestly speaking, switching to Win 8 compatible is much more reliable.

Edited by PeevishMonkey
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, PeevishMonkey said:

Well... I started DCS againe. Entered in Settings Menu and chenged a litle bit smth the simplest (like Preload Radius). OK and QUIT DCS.

same here, Preload Radius now i set to maximum (from 6000 i think)..... so far so good!!! 👍

here is my log from the last crash I had when pressing end mission, game crashed immediately with that blue window to send error report to ED. I was running DCS in VR

dcs.log dcs.log-20210529-101340.zip

EDIT: had another crash just now on mission quitting / exit... Seems like right now after tuning down my GPU overclock this is the only crash as of yet I am having in VR.

dcs.log-20210529-104112.zip dcs.log

Edited by Baz000

8 hours ago, PeevishMonkey said:

Increased Preload radius from 4000 to 7000 and no crashes so far. 

Indeed, Preload Radius seems to do the trick. Put it max value and no exit mission crash on an instant mission which crash usually.

Edit :

tweaking other settings with Preload radius doesn't make the trick any more 😒

Edited by Fra298

I too have been experiencing crashes on exit from mission.  I haven't tried anything yet, but might later on today.  Outside to get some yard work done before it gets too hot.  I will try a few things later today and report them back here after.

Wayne

Wayne Wilson

AKA: hrnet940

Alienware Aurora R3, i7 3820 3.5GHz(4.2GHz setting) processor, EVGA Nvidia RTX 2070 8GB Graphics, 16GB Ram, 1TB SSD.