Puma Flight Controls and UH-1

I posted about the pendulum action and got some good advice, which has toned down the swinging and control.  But, after more flying I can not seem to control the Huey the way I feel I should. I'm a helicopter pilot IRL, but have not flown a Huey. I have no problem with the Nimbus UH-1 in X-Plane 11 and would like to find the sweet spot for the DCS Huey, but the flight dynamics just seem sloppy.

I've looked at videos on trimming, but the Puma Flight Trainer does not have any spring(s). I've tried with and without force trim, which I have used in real OH-58A helicopters-so I understand the concept behind it. In DCS force trim doesn't do much as expected. I really want to like DCS and the Huey but the flight dynamics seem to make it difficult. 

Any help?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a look in the axis section of the configuration menu. it may be you have the axis setup on multiple controllers. For example, when I first plugged in my Thrustmaster, it binded the same axis with the rudder and throttle axis. If you deselect those and make sure you have the right axis on the right flight control,it may work a bit better.

Hope it works out for you. Check out Chucks guide on the Huey, thats always a good read.

• 2 weeks later...