MongoosT CM3 throttle and CM2 Base/Grip: button layout

Double Dutch

hi,

I am looking for a template for the DCS  FA18 with the assignment of the buttons, I am new to Virpil hardware and DCS and I would like to hit the ground running configuration wise (since i have ton to learn flying).

Is there anyone that has a good working button layout for the MongoosT CM3 throttle and the CM2 base/grip for me?

Ps. I am using TrackIR and Ace rudder pedals

Thanks!!

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

• 4 weeks later...

I'm afraid your on your own here. Since the buttons and switches are not even close to matching any aircraft in DCS it all come down to what's comfortable and memorable to you.

I will say that the word "ergonomics" is NOT in Virpil dictionary. You've got switches that are hard to reach in a position that doesn't make any sense. There are only two encoders that don't work. I dare you to set radio freq's or set heading or course with them. Don't plan on using these for anything, their useless and Virpil doesn't seem to want to answer any questions about them.

Find the common switch's for the acft you fly, like gear and flaps, and map the same switch across the board so you don't have to worry about not getting you gear down before hitting the deck.

• Like 1

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

On 6/21/2021 at 3:42 PM, RackMonkey said:

I'm afraid your on your own here. Since the buttons and switches are not even close to matching any aircraft in DCS it all come down to what's comfortable and memorable to you.

I will say that the word "ergonomics" is NOT in Virpil dictionary. You've got switches that are hard to reach in a position that doesn't make any sense. There are only two encoders that don't work. I dare you to set radio freq's or set heading or course with them. Don't plan on using these for anything, their useless and Virpil doesn't seem to want to answer any questions about them.

Find the common switch's for the acft you fly, like gear and flaps, and map the same switch across the board so you don't have to worry about not getting you gear down before hitting the deck.

Well I have got it, so I am committed 😉

Of course there is a personal preference, I was just hoping to sail along on the choices of experiences player to f.i. find a logical layout for the 6 buttons i.c.w. the 5 way button. I also haven't configured my Throttle buttons fully yet or the dials, buttons T5 - T7.

loooooooooong ago I played EF2000/F22 by DiD owning TM throttle-stick. And you were able to upload configs for stick and throttle from other players. Really useful utility for people to get started quickly. As you gain more experience, you can decide to change some of the and save your personal version. We are now 30+ years down the road and I was hoping we were further along in that. 🙂 🙂

-----

Don't practise till you got it right.

Practise till you don't do it wrong

I must be insane because I keep trying to do the same thing with the same results.

I started a ticket with Virpil support for the encoders that are basically useless. I got " that's the way it is". Probably some poor slob making $5.00 an hour. Not given access to any database that would do him any good in trying to answer questions and no authority to do anything any way.

My last contact I asked what should be a simple question. What is the difference between "encoder scroll" and "encoder dial". I WAS GHOSTED. I haven't  heard a peep out of them in a week.

They make a hell of a HOTAS physically, it will probably outlast me but their software and support system really needs help.

MSI Z490 Tomahawk, I5-11600kf, 2X512GB NvME, RTX4090, 32GB DDR4 3200, Reverb G2, T50-CM2, OpenXR

31st TFW, 14th MAS, 9th ARS

• 2 months later...
On 6/21/2021 at 9:42 AM, RackMonkey said:

Which ones don’t work?  I just ordered one off ebay.(cm2) and didn’t know anything about that part.