can t even finish the first mission

Hello,

So I had badluck first 2-3 times when VR crashed or I had a mid air colision, but last time..I almost finished the mission when the engine stoped..I look at the fuel gauge..zero. WTF ..is it because I droped the belly tank? But I did that 15 min before that happened. i also saw that all other planes had droped their tanks.

:((

• Like 1

You need to swithc the fuel selector on the external tank while it’s attached so that you only ose the internal tanks after you drop the external(s)

the fuel gauge of the aux tank will show 0 but that’s ok

you may have overstressed your engine either by not keeping the temps in the green or flying at too high rpm and too low boost or vice versa. Check my playthrough video on youtube I explain engine management a bit. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/28/2021 at 1:08 AM, Reflected said:

You need to swithc the fuel selector on the external tank while it’s attached so that you only ose the internal tanks after you drop the external(s)

the fuel gauge of the aux tank will show 0 but that’s ok

you may have overstressed your engine either by not keeping the temps in the green or flying at too high rpm and too low boost or vice versa. Check my playthrough video on youtube I explain engine management a bit. 

switch it from main to aux?

On 7/4/2021 at 6:11 AM, Reflected said:

The aux tank is empty. Don’t use it. Switch from the main to whichever external is installed until those are empty or you encounter enemy aircraft. 

In the first mission I only have one tank...witch everyone drops when they encounter enemy ..that is exactly what I am doing..but after 4-5 min of flyin I am running out of gas.

You said: "you need to swithc the fuel selector on the external tank while it’s attached so that you only ose the internal tanks after you drop the external(s)"

How do I do that? 

I recommend you download Chuck's P-47 guide, it explains it better than I ever can:

https://www.mudspike.com/chucks-guides-dcs-p-47d-thunderbolt-guide/

page 128.

After takeoff move the main tank selector to the 9 o'clock position (EXTERNAL ON), and the external selection to the 10 o'clock position (BELLY TANK ON). That way you're using fuel for the belly tank. Before dropping it you switch the main selector to MAIN ON (12 o'clock).