PIMAX 8KX vs Reverb G2

stelr

Was wondering if anyone here has used, or is using the PIMAX 8KX in DCS.  Looking for feedback on the wide FOV available in the PIMAX headset vs the more limited FOV available in the G2 and how important the FOV is to SA and immersion.  I understand there is a trade-off in visual clarity, with the G2 being sharper.  That said, how much of a trade-off, and if so, is it worth it not considering the differences in cost.  Please reply if you have actual experience with one, or preferably both these systems.

Appreciate any assistance.

v/r

Stel

Searching "8kx" in these forums yields 14 pages of posts...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I've had both.  FOV is awesome on the Pimax, but the software sucks and it was so uncomfortable I couldn't wear it for more than 15-25 minutes at a time.  It also got very hot in a short period of time.  I've been using VR since the original Rift so I am aware of how to get them on my head correctly.  I tried a counterweight and a couple other options on the Pimax and could  never get it comfortable. 

Got rid of the Pimax and gave up on VR for a while.  Then I got the G2 at the beginning of this year.  It fits me perfectly and is comfortable for hours.  The small sweet spot took some getting used to, but now it is natural to turn my head to what I want to look at.  I recommend the G2 unless you can try on the Pimax before buying.  Super comfortable and clarity is great.  More FOV would be great, but that should be coming with the next gen.    

• Like 2