Adding Commands to Viacom Profile

Ojo

I've added new commands and key actions in voice attack to mimic modules in DSC according to default keys and actions for mods,

separated them into category's such as "Start Up", "Views", "Modes" etc.

I don't see them showing up in ViacomPro Keyword list...

what is it i need to do to make this happen ?

Thanks in advance.

Ojo, I simply add additional voice commands to VoiceAttack, to complement the VAICOM Pro commands. Unsure if you can add commands to VAICOM Pro's list. I haven't explored this and a quick scan of the Guide doesn't reveal this ability.

• Like 1

I've added new commands and key actions in voice attack to mimic modules in DSC according to default keys and actions for mods,

Thanks in advance.
VAICOM doesn't do that, yet.
Odrinary VA commands will be handled by VA and have keypresses sent to DCS, so they will never be a part of VAICOM.
I always add my VA commands to another VA profile, to not mess my VAICOM profile, and then I "add/piggyback" that profile to the VAICOM profile.
Not at my computer, but if you need more details, ask away.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

If I make another profile in voice attack I.e. A-10 ... and use default keys and actions, will the keywords show in ViacomPro?
No, if you mean the keyword editor in the VAICOM control panel.
VAICOM is just a plugin for VoiceAttack, and communicates with DCS over the network through the export.lua.
VAICOM doesn't send keypresses like VA does, hence you can't combine the two in the same way.
VAICOM only uses VA as a gateway for the speech-to-text. It's actually Microsoft Speech Recognition that does that. Not even VA itself.
Have you read the VAICOM manual? It's very well written.
Cheers!

It is very well written, actually reading it as I text...

understanding more as I continue to read...

wondering if In the future ViacomPro will have an option for created commands in voice attack can be added to keyword list?

Training words in ViacomPro editor is a huge difference for setup with recognition.

Thank You for taking time to help, new to VA/VCP but Wow such an asset for minimal cost!

With VR definitely a must IMO

Edited by Ojo
Wrong spelling

It is very well written, actually reading it as I text...
understanding more as I continue to read...
 wondering if In the future ViacomPro will have an option for created commands in voice attack can be added to keyword list?
 Training words in ViacomPro editor is a huge difference for setup with recognition.

Thank You for taking time to help, new to VA/VCP but Wow such an asset for minimal cost!

With VR definitely a must IMO

Glad to help!
I don't think we will ever see a cooperation between VAICOM and VA on that level.
But maybe Hollywood will cook up something for VAICOM on the future!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ojo said:

Thanks in advance.

Here is a bit more information to supplement the very good advice you have received already from MaxSenna. VAICOM (not Viacom) stands for Voice AI Communications. (At least that's my best guess.) It's for AI communications only. It's not intended for general control of your aircraft, or views, etc. The only keywords you can add are aliases for the AI communications functions that VAICOM supports. VAICOM PRO communicates with the AI directly using network functions to exchange messages between its VoiceAttack plugin and lua code that it adds to DCS itself.  (Older versions of VAICOM used virtual keypresses instead, but that system was quite fragile and frequently broke when DCS was updated.)

VoiceAttack, on the other hand, can activate all kinds of things through voice commands, but is limited in its communications to virtual keypresses, mouse clicks, etc. I'm not sure why you would want to add VoiceAttack commands that have nothing to do with AI communications to your VAICOM keyword list. VAICOM would not know what to do with them.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Actually it’s helpful in training the voice recognition to the user... the words in keyword list can be brought in speech recognition and user can say/speak words with unique voice patterns that help with stubborn words... some commands in voice attack don’t respond as well as others... the option in Vaicom to train words fix this issue.

1 hour ago, Ojo said:

Actually it’s helpful in training the voice recognition to the user... the words in keyword list can be brought in speech recognition and user can say/speak words with unique voice patterns that help with stubborn words... some commands in voice attack don’t respond as well as others... the option in Vaicom to train words fix this issue.

The best way to do what you want is to train them using Microsoft speech and adding to its recognition dictionary. To start this just type speech into the Windows search bar, open the Windows Speech Recognition app and then right click on the microphone that appears to access the speech dictionary

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Doesn't matter if it's useful or not.
VAICOM is not VoiceAttack, and VA is not VAICOM. If you go to the VA Discord and you ask for help on VAICOM, politely nudge to VAICOM support, just like they will do with every user that asks for support on a product that ain't VA.
As for the keywords training in VAICOM. Never done me any good, but some users say it works for them. Only training that works for me is to train the Microsoft Speech Recognition, and/or adding words to the dictionary with a recording. This helps for VA commands as well. And it works because, like I wrote, neither VAICOM nor VoiceAttack does any voice recognition and speech-to-text.

Cheers!

"Doesn't matter if it's useful or not."   Point taken, but really Max ?

Things are definitely a lot more clear now, Thanks for all the replies ...

Like I stated earlier still new to VA / VIACOM

Same as anything else, the more you become familiar... 

47 minutes ago, Ojo said:

Indeed - we are just more advanced newbies 😄

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Indeed - we are just more advanced newbies 
Spot on!

Oh! Sorry, I meant no harm! English is not my first language.
I just didn't want to get your hopes up. I totally see your point you see!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
18 minutes ago, RogueRunner said:
So you can bring up the radial wheel by saying 'Option' right?
Also doesn't work for me. I tried the 'Disable menus' tickbox both ways and 'Allow options' but not worky.
How does that work?

Works like this.
If you have the AIRIO enabled. Heatblur's own Jester Wheel is disabled.
You have to use the VAICOM proprietary one, which seems it doesn't have all/latest Jester commands, by the "Jester options" command.
Just "Options" will give you the ordinary DCS comms menu.
If you disable AIRIO, all VAICOM Jester commands are disabled, but all other VAICOM commands are of course available. And Heatblur's Jester Wheel ar re-enabled.
Hope this helps, and I didn't miss anything!

EDIT: I learned today, that to bring up the Heatblur Jester wheel, you press "A", and to give the command, you press "A" again. 

Edited by MAXsenna

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

Works like this.
If you have the AIRIO enabled. Heatblur's own Jester Wheel is disabled.

Just having AIRIO installed will disable the Heatblur wheel, even if AIRIO is not enabled. Wish it were not so.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Just having AIRIO installed will disable the Heatblur wheel, even if AIRIO is not enabled. Wish it were not so.
Nope, unless I misunderstand.
Just tested because I was curious, and I just followed what's in the manual.
Closed DCS, disabled, restart VA, start DCS. No delete AIRIO dll, no repair of DCS.
WORKS!
To get AIRIO functionality back. Closed DCS, enabled, restart VA, start DCS.
Awesome!

For me the wheel appears if I say "Jester" (wait a second) "options" (I have translated into spanish all the Vaicom profile but it works.

Then the wheel appears without icons but with text labels and can be selected with "take xx" or a LControl+number.

but the no-go for me is that the full cockpit disappears when the wheel is on.

Right, "Options" have always been the comms menu only, with the "Take xx".

Seriously? Jester wheel is working together with AIRIO? Gotta check that out!!!

Nope, it didn't.

For me the wheel appears if I say "Jester" (wait a second) "options" (I have translated into spanish all the Vaicom profile but it works.
Then the wheel appears without icons but with text labels and can be selected with "take xx" or a LControl+number.
but the no-go for me is that the full cockpit disappears when the wheel is on.
Sure, but @RogueRunner says the original Jester wheel works even with AIRIO running. Not the VAICOM Jester wheel.
But alas it doesn't work for me.
But the AIRIO hints works well. I'll probably gonna use them mostly, as that will actually help me learning the commands by heart.