Adding Commands to Viacom Profile

Ojo

10 hours ago, RogueRunner said:
1 hour ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

That original wheel doesn't work for me, even so it did once but that was a "bug". 

No it doesn’t the Jester wheel is the solution. Origianally there was no wheel at all with AIRIO. The one we have now is the solution to having no wheel at all. It has something to do how VAICOM works.

I don't talk about the vaicom wheel, that works so la la, I talk about the actual jester wheel (the one that comes with the Tomcat).

It would be nice if one could both (jester wheel and AIRIO) for the time being until all the new stuff is implemented, but that, as I said, only worked once and was an accident. 

• Like 1

vor 16 Stunden schrieb Lt_Jaeger:

I don't talk about the vaicom wheel, that works so la la, I talk about the actual jester wheel (the one that comes with the Tomcat).

It would be nice if one could both (jester wheel and AIRIO) for the time being until all the new stuff is implemented, but that, as I said, only worked once and was an accident. 

True ! That would be nice ! I am so used to talk to Jester, that I do not want to deactivate AIRIO just to get Jester to operate the Lantirn.

Frank

• Like 2

System: Asus ROG STRIX X570 , Ryzen 9 5900X , ASUS ROG STRIX LC 240 , 64 GB GSkill 3200 Trident Z , Powercolor Red Devil RX 6900 XT , Running SSD only

Input: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog , Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals , Track IR 5, VoiceAttac with Vaicom Pro, HP Reverb G2

DCS Open Beta , Nevada NTTR Map, Persian Gulf Map , Syria Map, F-14 Tomcat , F/A-18C Hornet , F-16 Viper, AV-8B Harrier, Supercarrier

I tried playing with AIRIO off to use the new Lantirn features but having used the AI for so long to communicate with Jester it was just very cumbersome and un-enjoyable so I just turn AIRIO back on and will wait. It sucks having a feature that I just cannot use right now but I understand why it makes no sense adding the new stuff until it is stable. I predict it is going to be a long wait though for it to be added . I do not see it coming till after the first of the year at the earliest...

But it might be smart to wait for Hollywood. I bet there will be a couple of changes, depending on user feedback. 

But as you say @Manhorne, it is no fun flying with not talking to jester. Even catched myself talking to him with no AIRIO context, just telling him story's or cussing him out. He is my buddy and I want to talk to him. I'm flying the F-14 for ~2 years without Lantirn, doesn't matter it out takes another couple of weeks / month. 

• Like 3

We could ask @Hollywood_315to share with us the beta of the AIRIO before the release comes, because as said by @Manhorneit is going to be a long one to come as it won't until the release of the Apache is produced and more or less stable. We always can go back if something fails... and I think is better to catch those possible bugs that it may have.

Also hope that the lost features (tune tacan and datalink), plus the new ICEMAN commands (which I think they are more important than the ones he has now, to play as a RIO in single player) will be introduced.

Of course if there is a way to introduce the default Jester Wheel, then it will be a great addition to solve problems thay may occur in the future.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RogueRunner said:

I see there was a big update for Hind and Mozzie support and Lantirn commands added.

Where do I get a list of these without going through a 1000 wordfile on the app itself.

The LANTIRN commands are listed in the latest update to the manual. 

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals