Reflections on Canopy too strong

HarryDeere41

Anybody else?

After installing 2.7.x the reflections on the HUD not only show part of the dashboard which is not possible - but the reflections are too strong.

It is very difficult to spot aiports & runways.

Unfortunately the 'Clear Glass Mod 01' does not seem to work anymore.

What about adding 2 options to the Main Setup (Tab 'Special') of the Su25T

• Reflective HUD
  • Clear Glass HUD

Thanks for any feedback

HarryDeere41

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

This is irritating. The reflections were there after the first update. Now another update and still reflections with no mods that solve the problem.

Combine this reflection issue with the Syria map in daytime and you just can't see a thing on the HUD.  People have been complaining about it for weeks.  Has anyone with ED responded?

How about letting us customize the HUD color?  Black like I did for the A10C would have been a decent stop-gap.

• Like 1

twitch.tv/atonesir

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anybody else?

After installing 2.7.x the reflections on the HUD not only show part of the dashboard which is not possible - but the reflections are too strong.
It is very difficult to spot aiports & runways.

Unfortunately the 'Clear Glass Mod 01' does not seem to work anymore.

What about adding 2 options to the Main Setup (Tab 'Special') of the Su25T

• Reflective HUD
  • Clear Glass HUD

Thanks for any feedback
HarryDeere41

Still here. Makes SU-25T useless

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Oculus CV1, Odyssey, Pimax 5k+ (i5 8400, 24gb ddr4 3000mhz, 1080Ti OC )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

8 hours ago, ATONESIR said:

The reflections seriously make a number of craft unflyable.

Far from that. We can argue about how realistic they look but they are not static and do change depending on the position against the sun - as IRL - so plan your attack accordingly.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

31 minutes ago, draconus said:

Far from that. We can argue about how realistic they look but they are not static and do change depending on the position against the sun - as IRL - so plan your attack accordingly.

It is not just about attack, it is about landing as well.

It is not for debate that how realistic they look, but how incorrect they are.

It is correct and true that we should have reflections that affect in some situations the visibility through the HUD or canopy. 

But it is incorrect and wrong that we do not see through the HUD or Canopy with reflections that are physically impossible, like seeing reflection that is from front panel that is under sunshade below the HUD.

Someone would see their landing gear and weapons under aircraft reflected from their HUD and canopy it would be obvious for everyone that it is incorrect and makes things challenging at least. But it is now the instrument panels below HUD that gets reflected. Like there is no way that stick can cause reflection to HUD when there is not a such angle even where it could do that.

• Like 7

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/10/2021 at 4:42 AM, draconus said:

Not interested in a "realism" discussion. I want to know when it will be fixed. Can't see a thing with the false reflections from instruments that in no way could ever be reflecting off the glass.

• Like 4

twitch.tv/atonesir

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Have to agree.
Of the many good things we've seen lately from DCS, this surely wasn't one of them.

• Like 3

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | M-Audio USB + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

And when you see that it is the entry point/plane for DCS, it is really important to not have some big problems like this. Those reflections are way too horrible, unrealistics, and incorrect.

When you move your joystick, it doesn't even move in the reflections, so what's the point of those "things"...

Maybe since they implemented the two weeks free trial they decided to let the SU-25T die slowly 😢 I hope not...

• Like 3

On 7/15/2021 at 11:19 AM, Sérvalpilot said:

Well, it still hasn't been fixed as of the latest stable update (2.7.3.8494).

It's just as bad on the Su-25A as well.

And what you did has to be shared! You are a hero Sir!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1