TrackIR5 will not work

Have you checked the bindings in the controls settings?

Trackir has its own bindings there.

Normally Trackir should work for all modules or for none - so I'm pretty sure something is messed up there. Compare the controls settings to a working module.

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

The folder "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-10C\trackir" (or "...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\trackir") should be empty.

If it contains a "....diff.lua" file that should be deleted because you don't want to deviate from the default bindings for TrackIR.

The default bindings for TrackIR are defined in the "default.lua" under "DRIVE:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\Input\Aircrafts\Common\trackir".

They are normally applied to all modules you install, so you never have to worry about these bindings. This apparently has not worked in your case and I cannot guess why.

The most solid solution is probably to bind the TrackIR axes manually, in Options/Controls, go to "Axis assign".

Edit:

Oops, I wonder what you mean by "For some reason they will not load either."? Are you saying that these fields are greyed out and you cannot enter bindings?

Edited by LeCuvier

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

48 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

The folder "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-10C\trackir" (or "...\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C\trackir") should be empty.

Exactly. Deleting all files in

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS\Config\Input\A-10C II\trackir

(for standalone stable or any Steam version) or

%USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-10C II\trackir

(for standalone beta) will restore the default DCS settings assigned to TrackIR for the A-10C II Tank Killer. Ensure to restart DCS after doing this.

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

On 5/30/2021 at 3:16 AM, Squattingdog said:

I deleted the TrackIR folder in the A10C II saved folder and restarted TrackIR/DCS. Everything automatically fixed and started working/tracking.

Glad to see, that it works now. Thanks for your feedback!

[Modules] A-10C, A-10C II, AH-64D, F-14A/B, F-16C, F/A-18C, FC3, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, CA, SC
[Maps] PG, NTTR, Normandy, Sinai, Syria, TC

[OS] Windows 11 Pro
[PC] MSI Pro Z790-A, i9-13900K, 64 GB DDR5-5200, RTX 4090 24 GB GDDR6X, 2 x SSD 990 PRO 2 TB (M.2), Corsair 5000D Airflow, HX1500i, H150i RGB Elite, Acer X28, TM HOTAS Warthog (Grip@WarBRD Base), MS SW FFB2, Thrustmaster TFRP, TrackIR 5 & TrackClip Pro
[Checklists] A-10C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AH-64D, Ka-50, UH-1H

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, Scorch said:

I'm having a similar issue.  I see the mappings in the axis section of the controls yet they are grayed out.  This is a fresh install of Track IR since the machine was built.  Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanks.

I have installed my TrackIR years ago, from what I remember you need to do some initial set-up in the TrackIR software. Have you done that?

If yes, have you tried the actions suggested in the earlier posts?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I am having this problem since the latest update. TrackIR is not bindable and does not work in game.

Yes the folder "...\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input\A-10C\trackir" is empty. Also all the other trackIR folders for all my other aircraft are empty as well.

SOLVED: Reinstalled DCS

Edited by skypickle

4930K @ 4.5, 32g ram, TitanPascal