Topographic aberration

Bigounet

In_Dev_28.05.2021.32.jpg

How can developers not see these issues?

Edited by Bigounet

i9 10900k  |  Asus ROG Strix Z490 | WD NVMe SN850 1To | DDR4 Gskill 32Go 4400MHz |

RTX 4090 FE | Reverb G2  | Quest 3 | HOTAS Warthog |

9 minutes ago, Bigounet said:

In_Dev_28.05.2021.32.jpg

How can developers not see these issues?

Well it's still WIP, but yes hopefully these anomalies get fixed

• Like 2

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 5/28/2021 at 2:38 PM, draconus said:

I wouldn't complain unless I know the place. Here's the Google Earth's sight:

Saipan.jpg

On street view, there's clearly no hump in the road, and the pier is pretty much completely level (maybe a slight incline), with different buildings. The rectangular section with the buildings should be at the same elevation as the rest of the pier.

The roads in general need smoothing out, they also don't seem to have any road markings. The road that tracks around the buildings in the bottom of the image should be thinner and unmarked too.

Edited by Northstar98
formatting

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 5/28/2021 at 4:40 PM, MAXsenna said:

I wonder how it looks in "that other place".
I'll bet you a beer the pier is submerged. emoji1787.png

Would be funny if it were!

Though we can't really say much, just look at Poti 😛

Edited by Northstar98
formatting
  • Like 1

System:

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, draconus said:

I overflew the place and at least the pier was fixed 🙂

Looks a bit sunken though - I'm probably nitpicking but the pier actually looks like it's either completely level with the road or at most ever so slightly increases in elevation, in DCS it decreases in elevation.

Here's the street-view looking onto the pier from the road - looking the north-west.  

System:

Looks a bit sunken though - I'm probably nitpicking but the pier actually looks like it's either completely level with the road or at most ever so slightly increases in elevation, in DCS it decreases in elevation.

Here's the street-view looking onto the pier from the road - looking the north-west.  
Well, it's a lot better compared to that "new sim", where basically every bridge and marina including the boats are under water.
Where freeways turn to dirt freeways because that part was under a cloud or in the shade when the satellite snagd it. Or all the molten nuked cars in parking lots and driveways.
I think this map looks totally awesome, though to tough for my current system, but I need to upgrade anyway.
I really admire your drive and passion to report and check all your findings North! Do you ever get to fly?
Can't wait read about how much time you're gonna spend when we finally get a Central European map. If I were ED I'd hire you on the spot!
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I think this map looks totally awesome, though to tough for my current system, but I need to upgrade anyway.

Yeah, same - my specs down below - please don't laugh 😅

I really admire your drive and passion to report and check all your findings North! Do you ever get to fly? emoji848.png emoji6.png

Heh, you might be giving me too much credit here. The place is quite small and there aren't many landmarks and important areas to check over. That said I did spend a fair bit of time scouring the place over in C:MANO and Google Earth in preparation for its release - mind you it's not too difficult to find this stuff, some of it is a little difficult to get close-up shots (though I am only googling here) without actually going there.

As for flying, I do get to fly a fair bit, but then again I am playing on a 15" laptop with a 1050Ti Max-Q, with no rudder, no throttle, no headtracking and with a desktop mounted stick (though a very good one).

And mind you, it's was pretty difficult to miss that bloody Saipan NDB when it nearly bonked me out of the sky, because despite being with DCS for 6 years, I still have all the piloting ability of a chunky fart 😛

Can't wait read about how much time you're gonna spend when we finally get a Central European map. If I were ED I'd hire you on the spot! emoji1.png

Oooh, don't get me started! 😄 Mind you ED will probably have to radically change how terrains are done in more ways than one before tackling something as massive as that - even if I think it's a perfect map as far as scenarios are concerned.

Hopefully we might get a GIUK gap map, with at least Iceland and the Faroes.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1

System:

16 hours ago, Northstar98 said:

Mind you ED will probably have to radically change how terrains are done in more ways than one before tackling something as massive as that - even if I think it's a perfect map as far as scenarios are concerned.

Yep, we're so not ready for such a map, least the new high tech one.

• Like 2

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria