DCS World: Operation Desert Knife | SYRIA-MAP | INFORMATION LETTER

BlazeXI

OPERATION DESERT KNIFE FICTIONAL | INFORMATION LETTER

SHORT REMINDER: Original Name of this Mission was Operation Desert Storm but it got "rebranded" to Op. Desert Knife

Singleplayer - YES

Multiplayer - YES

COOP - YES

Each other - YES

Against each other - YES

Syria Map - Required

Carrier Module - Highly Recommended

Tf-51  / Is Free & should be Pre Installed

Gray Shark Skin - Recommended

16-32 GB Ram - Recommended

usmc-shirts-m0810mxm050-s-l.png

Hello and welcome to the information sheet on the mission "Operation Desert Knife"

Operation Desert Knife is a dynamic mission that means there are multiple possible endings! You can play Operation Desert Knife alone, in co-op or against each other! There are no limits! The main goal in Operation Desert Knife is to take out the enemy aircraft (AI) and then land! Whoever manages this first, decides the victory for his faction! If one faction wins, the other faction loses! Again, you can fight the AI with a friend and then land. Or you can fight the enemy AI on your own while your friend / enemy has to do the same against you! The first to turn off all targets wins! You can of course do 2v2 1v2 and so on, no limits! The location is on the new Syria map and starts at sunrise!

Now you are setup for my first Dynamic Mission and I really hope you will enjoy it! I have also added a Airshow! So you can train with oldschool aircraft like the TF51 or BF109!

(please keep in mind that this mission does not try to be realistic at all! Its a 100% Generic Fun Mission, something you just wanna throw on without thinking to much and just testing out the latest stuff of DCS!)

unbenannt.PNG

OPERATION DESERT KNIFE   CONTENT

- 2 rival factions, each with 4 selectable airmen

- Real radio messages from the political groups: USA & RUSSIA

- Different endings possible (Dynamic Mission)

- Audio announcements if a team member has died or an enemy player has been eliminated.

- Audio announcements if an enemy is sighted inside of your Political area & warning if you are in an enemys Political area.

- The latest carriers are available for both factions!

- SAM targets available for both factions (A-10II, SU25T - to counter SAM site)

- Mission briefing for each Faction!

- RAM friendly, despawning of cinematic aircrafts (aircrafts that only spawn to look cool), carrier and assets only spawn when needed (if you spawn inside a f14 the carrier will spawn for example (same for russian carrier and cinematic aircraft) So Assets which are just dont needed wont load!

- Many many IF conditions for a balanced game flow

- Self-made mission pictures so that you know what your task is! (dont expect picasso art 😄 )

- Airshow (Ram friendly, if you spawn inside of an neutral aircraft, everything that is related with the Operation Desert Storm Mission will despawn so you save Ram and can press F2 without seeing any other aircraft rather then yours!

REAL ATC AUDIO RECORDINGS

For an immersive feeling!

Russian and American Voices!

Alerts and kill confirmation Voice!

Source: YOUTUBE!

20210602222150_1.jpg

SELECTABLE AIRCRAFT RUSSIA:

- Su 33 (on Carrier)

- Su 33 (on Carrier)

- Mig 29 (on Airbase)

- Su25T (on Airbase)

- Su27 (on Airbase)

SELECTABLE AIRCRAFT USA:

- F14 B (on Carrier)

- F18 (on Carrier)

- F16 (on Airbase)

- F14 A (on Airbase)

- A10II (on Airbase)

------------------------------------------------------------------

SELECTABLE AIRCRAFT NEUTRAL (AIRSHOW):

- BF109 (on Airbase)

- Mig29 (on Airbase)

- Spitfire (on Airbase)

- TF 51 (on Airbase)

- AV8B (on Airbase)

20210602222944_1.jpg

EPIC BATTLEFIELD INTRO SONG 

Epic Intro for following units

- F14 B

- F18   

Whats planned for future Update:

- adding 2 Helicopters with unqiue Tasks for each Faction

(Hind + Blackshark - Russia)

(Apache + Huey - America) 

OPERATION DESERT KNIFE TEASER

spacer.png

(we recommend you downloading the Gray Shark Skin for cool looking SU33 AI and Client Aircraft

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3312850/ )

ENJOY OPERATION DESERT KNIFE

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/de/files/3316674/ )

With best regards

BlazeXI

Edited by BlazeXI
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Ryzen 3600x | GTX 1080 | 500 GB SSD | 1TB M.2 SSD | Track IR 5 | Basic Hotas | B450 Tomahawk Mainboard | 

• BlazeXI changed the title to BATTLEFIELD & DCS: Operation Desert Storm | INFORMATION LETTER
5 hours ago, BlazeXI said:

Sure downvote hundreds of hours work from somebody who is sharing it for FREE, only because you dont like the Title im so done with the internet! As i said on reddit, last content i will offer such an unthankful community! Sorry for all who actually enjoying my stuff but im out 🙂 Also no Videos anymore im not even adding ads to them but i get it, you all think this sim/game is real life and anything else must be hated lol im mad, frustrated that hate comments get more attention then my mission.. Nope its just time wasting and doesnt make happy at all, bye bye! 

Ok bye. There is no way to downvote your content on the forum so not sure what you are on about. 

Also not sure why you are generalizing the whole community as "this sim/game is real life", because that's not true. There are many different people who enjoy DCS for different things, including many I'm sure that enjoy the mission you made.

My comment was meant to only point out how naming your mission after a very famous and well known air campaign is misleading people into thinking the mission is about that, and so naturally sets up a false expectation for what the content is. I'm merely suggesting to pick a name that is not already so heavily associated with a real world event. None of my comment was intended as bagging on the quality of effort you put into making the mission, as a mission maker myself I understand the amount of unseen work that goes into it.

If you decide to remain defensive and and attack the community for the above feedback than that's your choice, but believe me it was given in good faith.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, BlazeXI said:

Because 90% of the comments on reddit are the same, all about the title. And you can give 1 star to the forum. And its not my fault if nobody is reading the description 

If 90% of the comments are the same, it's probably because there is some truth to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• BlazeXI changed the title to BATTLEFIELD & DCS: Operation Desert Storm | FICTIONAL | INFORMATION LETTER
27 minutes ago, BlazeXI said:

Sure its like these rude people who tell a car is bad only because the gap dimension dont fit on some parts, but that the car is 99% awesome will be ignored thats why i hate the internet and most are like you defending their point for 1000 years until everyone will hate the creator too such toxic people! As i said this community/internet thing just doesn't make happy and im out thanks. Oh and last reminder the title is BATTLEFIELD & OPS kinda stupid to think this is something realisitc + tells me nobody is reading the description stop being so picky my god! 

I appreciate that you put a lot of work into your mission, and that it feels like people are being toxic for pointing out 'minor' things like a title. However, keep in mind that titles are in part what sets up expectation - e.g. you wouldn't call a chocolate muffin a chocolate muffin unless it tastes of or contains chocolate.
Similarly, people are upset when they see a very nicely presented mission (e.g. your mission, which had a well made teaser trailer) with a title of a very well known air campaign, and then find out immediately when reading the description or trying the mission that it has nothing to do with said air campaign. Keep in mind that the majority of the user base has some interest in military aviation (or of an age group where they recall the Gulf War from real life), and is therefore familiar with that subject matter. Naturally, people feel mislead when they find out it has nothing to do with what they expected from the title, just like someone would be upset when they buy a chocolate muffin and find out it actually is a strawberry muffin. Nothing wrong with a good strawberry muffin, but it is not the chocolate muffin that was expected from the name, and is therefore not what you expected to have once you've taken a bite.

Consider for a change that people pointing out that this strawberry muffin should not be called a chocolate muffin, isn't people being rude, but are rather trying to give feedback so the name is changed to something more fitting for the product.
This is analogous to what people have been commenting with the title of your video - it may feel rude to you, but try and see it from the perspective of other people.

On a side note, you are aware that the first image they see in your description is the following, right?

How do you not expect people to feel mislead when it literally referring to the historical ODS?

Edited by Aarnoman
  • Like 3

Am 5.6.2021 um 13:08 schrieb Aarnoman:

I appreciate that you put a lot of work into your mission, and that it feels like people are being toxic for pointing out 'minor' things like a title. However, keep in mind that titles are in part what sets up expectation - e.g. you wouldn't call a chocolate muffin a chocolate muffin unless it tastes of or contains chocolate.
Similarly, people are upset when they see a very nicely presented mission (e.g. your mission, which had a well made teaser trailer) with a title of a very well known air campaign, and then find out immediately when reading the description or trying the mission that it has nothing to do with said air campaign. Keep in mind that the majority of the user base has some interest in military aviation (or of an age group where they recall the Gulf War from real life), and is therefore familiar with that subject matter. Naturally, people feel mislead when they find out it has nothing to do with what they expected from the title, just like someone would be upset when they buy a chocolate muffin and find out it actually is a strawberry muffin. Nothing wrong with a good strawberry muffin, but it is not the chocolate muffin that was expected from the name, and is therefore not what you expected to have once you've taken a bite.

Consider for a change that people pointing out that this strawberry muffin should not be called a chocolate muffin, isn't people being rude, but are rather trying to give feedback so the name is changed to something more fitting for the product.
This is analogous to what people have been commenting with the title of your video - it may feel rude to you, but try and see it from the perspective of other people.

On a side note, you are aware that the first image they see in your description is the following, right?

How do you not expect people to feel mislead when it literally referring to the historical ODS?

Thanks for your appreciation and yes i see, you are right with your points. But now its to late to change anything. I didnt took that many time for a Mission Name, didnt expect it would be so necessary how you call your mission, because i thought the gameplay is what counts. But after reading your arguments i understand it. 

Edited by BlazeXI
  • Like 2

Ryzen 3600x | GTX 1080 | 500 GB SSD | 1TB M.2 SSD | Track IR 5 | Basic Hotas | B450 Tomahawk Mainboard | 

12 hours ago, BlazeXI said:

Thanks for your appreciation and yes you are right with your points. But now its to late to change anything. I didnt took that many time for a Mission Name, didnt expect it would be so necessary how you call your mission, because i thought the gameplay is what counts. But after reading your arguments i understand it. 

Fair enough - I do think if you find the time the mission would be worth a slight rebranding under a different name, because it is a well made mission with a fun and interesting premise that plays well in multiplayer too.
However, I appreciate your frustration at the moment, and that likely you are not in the mood to address this currently. I do hope you reconsider after some time, you are a talented mission editor and I do think the mission itself is quite good.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to see the comments from a different perspective. I wish you all the best of luck for the future.

Edited by Aarnoman
spelling team->time
  • Like 4

Am 6.6.2021 um 04:11 schrieb Aarnoman:

Fair enough - I do think if you find the time the mission would be worth a slight rebranding under a different name, because it is a well made mission with a fun and interesting premise that plays well in multiplayer too.
However, I appreciate your frustration at the moment, and that likely you are not in the mood to address this currently. I do hope you reconsider after some time, you are a talented mission editor and I do think the mission itself is quite good.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to see the comments from a different perspective. I wish you all the best of luck for the future.

Alright thanks for the kind words and i wish you all the best too! 

BlazeXI 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Such amazing work, thanks.

😀

• Like 1

Planes: A-10C/II - FC3 - F/A-18C - F-16c - F-5 - F-15E - F-4E

Helicopters: UH-1H Huey - KA-50 Black Shark - AH-64D

Maps: Sinai - Normandy 2.0 - Channel - Syria - Persian Gulf - South Atlantic

Extras: Supercarrier - WWII Asset Pack

PC SPECS: CPU, Intel i5 4670K @ 4.2GHz | MOBO, ASUS/Z87-A | MEMORY, HyperX FURY Series 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 Memory1833Mhz |GRAPHICS CARD, GIGABYTE RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, 1920 Core, 1755Mhz | PSU, CoolerMaster Real Power Pro 1250W 80Plus | Flight Stick, Logitech X-56 | Rudder Pedals, Logitech G | O/S, Windows 10, 64bit | Hard Drives, Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB

On 6/5/2021 at 7:08 AM, Aarnoman said:

Enjoy the content and stop whining!!

• Like 3

zprwsp-6.png

• BlazeXI changed the title to DCS World: Operation Desert Storm | SYRIA-MAP | INFORMATION LETTER

You should change the name of the mission... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

• BlazeXI changed the title to DCS World: Operation Desert Knife | SYRIA-MAP | INFORMATION LETTER
Am 17.9.2021 um 20:41 schrieb JayBird:

You should change the name of the mission... 

Done, i have renamed my YouTube teaser, all descriptions on all plattforms, created a new logo to override the word "Storm" and i've also rewritten my Information letters and mission strings as well, now pls leave me alone with that and enjoy the mission.  -> 

Edited by BlazeXI
  • Like 1