Pressing PB7 on Radar while in ACM will not exit ACM mode

Topper81

Good report. This is important so you can return the Castle switch to non-ACM functionality without leaving STT via return to search.

(Only note: this wouldn't work with the Gun selected. In that case you're always in ACM, no way out.)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jak525 said:

Good report. This is important so you can return the Castle switch to non-ACM functionality without leaving STT via return to search.

(Only note: this wouldn't work with the Gun selected. In that case you're always in ACM, no way out.)

In the case that you want to fire the gun, I assume that you are allready so close that you can identify the target visual without using the TGP.

My usecase was just that I want to zoom in on the TGP using the HOTAS to identify the target before shooting (You have spottet a point on the sky, aquired it using ASM and now you just want to zoom in the TGP using the HOTAS).

And it actual works if you select this menue point with the TDC and press TDC depress, but not if you press the push button.

So thats why it seems clear to me that it's a bug.

Edited by Topper81

16 minutes ago, Topper81 said:

In the case that you want to fire the gun, I assume that you are allready so close that you can identify the target visual without using the TGP.

My usecase was just that I want to zoom in on the TGP using the HOTAS to identify the target before shooting (You have spottet a point on the sky, aquired it using ASM and now you just want to zoom in the TGP using the HOTAS).

And it actual works if you select this menue point with the TDC and press TDC depress, but not if you press the push button.

So thats why it seems clear to me that it's a bug.

Wait, you can TDC depress over the ACM option and it exits ACM but stays in STT? Awesome that's good they implemented that. Just need to fix the pushbutton method then.

7 minutes ago, Jak525 said:

Wait, you can TDC depress over the ACM option and it exits ACM but stays in STT? Awesome that's good they implemented that. Just need to fix the pushbutton method then.

Yes.

This issue occurs only if a target is locked.

If you havn't locked a target, note that there is no tdc cursor, but the pushbutton works.

grafik.png

Edited by Topper81

1 hour ago, Topper81 said:

Yes.

This issue occurs only if a target is locked.

If you havn't locked a target, note that there is no tdc cursor, but the pushbutton works.

grafik.png

Yes, no cursor is correct when in ACM EXCEPT STT. The ACM button when in ACM except STT (e.g. WACQ, HAVQ) should exit ACM entirely and go back to RWS/TWS/VS. In STT as we're talking about, it exits ACM but remains in STT.